WELCOME TO THE NEW TESTED!
Things may seem a bit different around here...
If you caught our “Changes Are Coming” post last week, today’s new site design shouldn’t come as a surprise.
If you didn’t catch that post, then please allow this to serve as our announcement of some pretty significant changes here at Tested.com. First and foremost, this is technically a “soft launch” of the redesign, so we ask that you bear with us while we gather feedback and make updates or fixes over the next few weeks. Change can be difficult, even when it’s necessary, so we greatly appreciate your patience.
Please read the aforementioned post if you’d like more specifics on how these changes came about, but we’ll recap some things here:
- This new look is all about making our content more discoverable and hopefully more enjoyable. You should be able to find what you’re looking for a little more easily with new site categories and an updated search. Our new homepage is designed so you can find content from the most recent weeks within a few clicks, rather than scrolling through pages in the old blogroll style.
- Not ALL content from the previous site has been migrated to this one. There are numerous business decisions that went into our selection of content for this site. We did the best we could and let data be our guide. If you’re missing your favorite piece of older content, we apologize. Please don’t take it personally.
- Tested.com no longer has user accounts. We’re eliminating usernames and the entire sign-in process. If you previously had an account, that data will be deleted from our old database in the coming weeks as we wind down our old infrastructure.
- Unfortunately, we had to say goodbye to the Forums. Without user accounts, it just didn’t make sense continuing with that aspect of the site. If you’d like to join our Discord for community chat, please click the Discord icon in the main nav above.
- Commenting on posts is still allowed, but we don’t ask you to sign in. Right now, our moderation filters are fairly soft but if the spam kicks up again we’ll definitely move to “approved” comments only. All comments from the previous version of Tested.com have been ported over to this new site without the usernames. Thus the “anonymous” comments.
- If you’re currently an active Premium member, you will no longer log into an account to view premium content. Each premium video now has a password on the video player. This password was distributed through a premium member newsletter on Wednesday, Oct. 21, to the email address we had on file. So please check any email you may have used to sign up as well as your spam folders. If you did not receive this password and you are eligible to view premium content, no problem! Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for account verification and your password. If you want to continue to watch exclusive content — both old and new — you can sign up for channel membership, which we moved to YouTube and talked about here.
That’s it for most of the major changes, but like we said, this is still a work in progress. We hope to use this as the starting point for a better future, with our continued efforts to bring you the content you love.
We’ll be in touch as we move through updates and changes. Many thanks for all of your support!
Pockets of Fomenting – This is Only a Test 665 – 9…
Norm's back from Disneyland just in time to discuss the debut of Andor, the GTA VI leak, and Nvidia's latest generation of graphics cards. Plus, what surprised iFixit about their iPhone 14 teardown, Logitech's curious cloud gaming handheld, and a new standalone VR headset announcement!
Adam assembles the plywood pieces he cut to form his new fla…
Unhappy with the storage of his various measuring tools (an …
Adam Savage is joined by Lightyear director Angus MacLane fo…
In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, one of the ways filmmakers…
Show And Tell
Adam shares his obsession with weird storage cases, often fo…
One Day Builds
Adam first built drawers for his drafting tools two years ag…
One Day Builds
Adam returns from a trip to the local Alameda flea market wi…
Adam Savage recently visited Skywalker Sound where Samson Ne…
Avatar Stans – This is Only a Test 664 – 9/15/22
We recap the big news out of this past weekend's D23 expo, including announcements from the lands of Marvel, Pixar, Lucasfilm, and Disney+. Plus, a new trailer and title for Breath of the Wild's sequel, and the trailers from Sony's State of Play.