I keep hearing a clicking sound in the background

Created by PlasmaBeam44 on March 15, 2012, 7:21 p.m.
  • @PlasmaBeam44

I suggest that you start backing up all your files as fast as you can and then order yourself a new hd, cause your current one is probably failing.
  • It sounds like exactly what happened to me. The HD is failing listen to JoMate and get backing up, I lost 3 1/2 years of family photos and school work when mine went. When they go like that it's usually beyond economical repair if at all.
  • @PlasmaBeam44:  

So are you saying its coming directly from the speaker? or do you hear it with the speakers off?
  • @cripplecaptain said:
    " @PlasmaBeam44:   So are you saying its coming directly from the speaker? or do you hear it with the speakers off? "
    That's a good question. If it only happens when the speakers are on, it is something else entirely... Not that I would know what it is. :P
  • @cripplecaptain: I think he means that "cchkt" clicking sound that plays when you open folders click certain things in Windows.  I do remember Vista having something like that.
  • @WolfOfOne:  
    I thought the question was needed due to the existing confusion in this thread. But thats what I thought too. 
  • @cripplecaptain: True, that's my interpretation though :)  If that's the case, I'd just turn those sounds off in the System Sounds panel... only I dunno exactly where it's located on Vista.  On Windows 7, right click the speaker icon in the system tray and choose Sounds OP.
  • @WolfOfOne: @cripplecaptain:  
    Gonna be the smart ass here so sorry for that. 
    He himself said that it sounded just like opening folders on your pc, so unless a virus is doing that...  

He should be very reliefed though if it were coming from the speakers instead of the hd.

• @PlasmaBeam44:

run roguekiller and malwarebytes antimalware