Good reasons to jailbreak?

Created by Jeff on March 15, 2012, 6:30 p.m.
  • From someone who uses solely an iPod touch, I've never seen much of a reason to jailbreak. Though some of the interface stuff you can do seems cool. Mainly it's kids at my school who don't want to pay for the full version of "Topless Babes". 
  • It seems that the main draw for people is just downloading appstore apps for free. I jailbroke mine a while ago and the only jailbreak only apps I have are Winterboard (just change themes, icons, and things along those lines), Bossprefs (just organizes a lot of services and gives you more control over customization of what's running and what's not), and a Gameboy emulator so I don't have to carry my SP around with me. You're not really missing out on too much.
  • @Red said:
    " I knew one guy who jailbroke his iPhone and pirated a bunch of Pokemon games onto it.   So, if you like Pokemon... "
    Brother, i love me some pokky-mans! >_>
  • I would say only do it if your warranty is out.
  • @Red said:
    " I knew one guy who jailbroke his iPhone and pirated a bunch of Pokemon games onto it.   So, if you like Pokemon... "
    pretty much the only reason i would consider it
  • @natetodamax said:
    "
    I would say only do it if your warranty is out.
    "
    It doesn't void your warranty though. I jailbroke my 2G for T-Mobile, and the WiFi started crapping out on me. So I simply restored the software to factory state, went to the Apple Store and walked out with a brand new refurbished iPhone.

• Unless you just want to get more apps than you dont have to jailbreak.