How do you like your steak?

Created by david on March 15, 2012, 6:31 p.m.
  • IMO a medium rare steak seasoned with only salt and pepper is perfection.
  • Medium rare without seasoning or sauce. If you cook a steak right it doesn't need seasoning.
  • Medium rare is the way to go. with either a bearnaise or mushroom sauce. If a steak is cooked right it may not need seasoning or sauce. That doesn't they won't make it better. :P
  • What is blue? Anywho, I've made it a science to perfect my method of cooking a steak to perfection. It needs to be red (but not rare) all way through, and have no grey areas (Medium well, from lying on on side too long). That is how you make the juiciest steak from my experience. 

Man I love steak. Now I want a steak =/
  • @MonkeyGekko:  "I'll have my steak blue" is a socially acceptable way of saying "just bring me the cow. I'll bite off my own steak!"
  • @ZombiePie: I actually got a fish served that way once =/ Well, not actually served, but they insisted on showing me the damn fish before the cooked it xD
  • You really could've consolidated this poll by combining D, E, F, and G into the category "Ruined."
  • @lane said:
    " You really could've consolidated this poll by combining D, E, F, and G into the category "Ruined." "
    Haha, true. I know people who won't eat a steak if there's the slightest hint of red in the very centre. They are crazy people.
  • I love me some medium rare steak.
  • Medium rare, though some places overcook their steaks so I'll order rare there. 

If I had to choose between an undercooked steak though and an overcooked steak, I'd go with undercooked everytime.  Rare trumps medium or medium well.  But if the place can cook it right, medium rare. 

That goes for all my meat, I prefer all of it as close to raw as I can.  More flavour I feel.
  • Medium rare.
  • Never had steak before and the choices given make it sound interesting.
  • @Berserk said:
    " Never had steak before and the choices given make it sound interesting. "
    O_o

Does not compute.
  • @NoDeath said:
    " @Berserk said:
    " Never had steak before and the choices given make it sound interesting. "
    O_o  Does not compute. "
    Thats true, i even get funny looks of my friend when i mention it to them.
  • @NoDeath: 

My father-in-law was dirt poor growing up. His mother used to fry baloney and tell them it was steak. When he was about 20 years old he was working for an industrial pump company as a salesman, and a client took him out to some swanky restaurant. He ordered a steak, and when they set this huge ribeye down in front of him, he said, "What the hell is this?"
  • @lane said:
    " @NoDeath:   My father-in-law was dirt poor growing up. His mother used to fry baloney and tell them it was steak. When he was about 20 years old he was working for an industrial pump company as a salesman, and a client took him out to some swanky restaurant. He ordered a steak, and when they set this huge ribeye down in front of him, he said, "What the hell is this?" "
    Wow, that's a great story. haha
  • Medium rare, but I wouldn't say know to a well done steak.
  • Medium. I don't particularly like the blood, but a little bit is OK, and I like it to be a little bit pink in the middle.
  • @lane:  
    Would he eat it, or did he just want his fried bologna instead?
  • Rare. Anything medium or beyond is officially ruined.
  • Medium Rare.
  • Rare is where its at.
  • i dont eat alot of steak, maybe im crazy but i prefer a good burger to a good steak, anyways medium well when i do get one.. i cant stand alot of pink in my food
  • Run that cow through a warm room and bring it to my plate! 
    I like my stake well done, but I wouldn't mind if there was a little bit of pink in the middle.

• medium rare almost always