Are there any accents you wish you had?

Created by Voxel on March 15, 2012, 6:29 p.m.
  • Personally, I would do anything to talk exactly like Atlas from Bioshock. I think it's an Irish accent? He has the best I've ever heard. What about you duders?
  • I wish I didn't have a Danish accent. Danish accents sounds so terrible. Not sure what I wanted instead though.
  • If I had a slight British accent, that'd be pretty sweet.
  • As a person who has taken many language courses, french, german and russian. One tip your given is to find the most stereotypical accent you can find, and use that when you're trying to pronounce words. It's not that bad of an advice because you generally pick up what to mute, what to accentuate etc. While I was trying to learn french, I feared getting any blunt head trauma and keeping that accent. It's a very nasally language. I would like to have an english accent as it's quite fetching.
  • A lady once mistook my slight Texan accent as Irish.
  • @MonkeyGekko said:
    " I wish I didn't have a Danish accent. Danish accents sounds so terrible. Not sure what I wanted instead though. "
    Dang it man, now I'm going to read all of your future posts with an extreme Danish accent.  Seeing as I'm not 100% sure what a Danish accent sounds like, you're gonna sound really silly. 

I have a slight Kansan/Midwestern accent, because I moved up here from California, and have adopted some of the weird accents found here.  If I had any accent, I'd want to be Irish or Scottish.  I already have hints of Irish in my blood because of my great grandparents, but I want a full-on accent.
  • @TheGremp: Haha lol! By the way, this is probably the worst danish accent you'll ever hear: 

•  
    I'm from Scotland. To everyone else in the world, including the English who are attached to our frigging country, we sound weird. 

Apparently it's cool though? I think I sound like a drunkard. Most would agree.
  • Swedish. Swedish accents make everything better.
  • I have kind of a weak Aussie accent. To be honest I don't really like it. 

I'm gonna go with everyone else and say that if I changed I'd like a bit of a brittish one.

• Japanese, because I am a Japanese major but I still sound American when I speak.
  • I wish I could do all of em. 
  • Either Irish or Scotish.
  • @AuthenticM said:
    " Either Irish or Scotish. "
    I have a Scottish accent and most of the time nobody will understand you, especially if you go to another country. Im happy with my accent.
  • @tedsblog said:
    " I LOVE a woman with an Australian accent. Dead. Sexy. "
    Do you love dead chicks? =/
  • @MonkeyGekko said:
    " I wish I didn't have a Danish accent. Danish accents sounds so terrible. Not sure what I wanted instead though. "
    I like the Danish accent, I have had a really good time with a tourist from Denmark, she was quite a cool chick,
    @ElegantRuby
    said:
    " Sadly I just have a boring California accent...Nothing fantastic...  Anything would be better then what I have.  Although an English accent would be sexy. "
    Very much so, I like a London accent,  

I have an NZ accent, it's not as bad as it is perceived, I don't exchange my I's for U's,  

I would like an Irish accent, because you can say whatever you like, and it sounds like a limerick,  

Diddidily dee potatoes,
  • Australian, but I would also have to be a girl. Cause that shit's hot.
  • I like my voice, no really I do. I maybe don't like the really Northern Californian part of it (like the fact that I pronounce Merry and Mary the same), but it's all cool brah.
  • @ZombiePie said:
    " I like my voice, no really I do. I maybe don't like the really Northern Californian part of it (like the fact that I pronounce Merry and Mary the same), but it's all cool brah. "
    What?! There's other ways to pronounce "Merry"?  That's news to me.
  • @ZombiePie said:
    " I like my voice, no really I do. I maybe don't like the really Northern Californian part of it (like the fact that I pronounce Merry and Mary the same), but it's all cool brah. "
    I'm pretty sure Merry and Mary are pronounced the same way everywhere.
  • South African is possibly the coolest accent there is. Unless your South African, of course.
  • @natetodamax: You'd think but not everywhere. Phonology is different in certain areas of the United States various East Coast accents pronounce -ar and -er differently, in fact this trait is one of the easiest ways to differentiate East vs. West accents in the U.S. Here's a better way to show it.

• Well I have a French accent but I wish I had (or could fake)  a Cajun accent like Rene in True Blood season 1. That was so much fun to listen to