my Savage tattoo

Created by sweet_billy on Aug. 7, 2016, 3:35 a.m.
  • hey guys,

i'm a new member from the UK – Paypal at last! yeay! and this is my first Tested forum post – I hope you like it!

i got a new tattoo yesterday

for the longest time i had wanted to get an appointment with the incredibly talented artist Dan Molly https://www.instagram.com/danmolloytattooer/ his colour portraits are amazing. he is very forward thinking and bends tattoo trends and well established traditions, creating portraits of modern cult icons. i finally got an appointment and soon realised it was the tattoo equivalent of a golden ticket – his visa was almost up and he would be soon retuning Perth, Australia. this was now a once-in-a-life-time situation and who i chose to have a portrait of was critical. from a short list of a few of my favourite cult icons i decided to choose someone who means a lot to me. i'm sure i like Adam Savage for all the same reasons as you guys – there's do need to gush here – i'd be preaching to the converted! okay, enough preamble... you wanna see it, right? (try and ignore the redness / pink spots – that's just my skin being a little sore today after sitting for a 5 hour tattoo yesterday)

the prep and the great photo we used for reference (by Norm, i'm guessing)

• Haha, that's pretty cool. Also, your artist has some serious skills.

• wow thats amazing. the shadows... the light...

• I love it! Has Adam ever seen it?

• Man, i saw this on instagram a while ago. I think it's awesome!
  • @connorleland: I have no idea – i'd love to know if he has and what he thinks of it. i hoped it might come up in chit chat on the podcast but, not a peep.

@SamH: thanks man! it's one of my favourites for sure.

• @connorleland: I have no idea – i'd love to know if he has and what he thinks of it. i hoped it might come up in chit chat on the podcast but, not a peep.

@SamH: thanks man! it's one of my favourites for sure.