Pankcakes or Waffles

Created by ArchScabby on March 15, 2012, 6:41 p.m.
  • If I really had to choose, I would probably pick pancakes.
  • Pancakes all the way.
  • This may be the hardest decision of my life.  D: 

I'd have to say...  Waffles.  Dadgummit, now I want waffles.
  • Waffles, especially of the belgian variety.
  • In the end, the overall quality of waffles can be said to be much higher on average than that of pancakes, however it is certainly possible that a plate of pancakes so perfectly mixed with fresh buttermilk as the base may exceed the quality of some top-tier waffles in rare cases. While neither should be allowed to supplant the other, foregoing competition to strive instead for a glorious coexistence, the prize for best breakfast... thing must be given to the waffle. 

The above is the last few sentences of a 17 page essay on the merits of pancakes and waffles and their comparisons. The rest is too paradigm-shifting to be seen by the average eye and will never be shown in public.
  • @ArchScabby said:
    " All you pancake lovers make me sick. "
    Hear hear!
  • Pancakes
  • Waffles.
  • Waffles are clearly superior as they have a crispy exterior and fluffy interior whereas a pancake is only fluffy.  Additionally, waffles hold toppings better than pancakes do.  Waffles are engineered from the ground up to be better than pancakes.
  • @ArchScabby said:
    I love you too.
  • Waffles. I love em. But I also like Pancakes. But still..waffles takes the victory.
  • Pancakes, I can't stand the ridges in waffles. I like my startch discs to go down smooth.
  • Pancakes, because waffles are to difficult to make for their own good.
  • I love pancakes, but absolutely nothing beats a warm, fluffy, lightly crisped waffle. 

Anyone here been to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles? It was honestly one of the best meals I ever had in my life.
  • Waffles. 

The waffle has a natural ability to hold syrup. It's awesome. 

The pancake, while delicious, just lets the syrup run into your hashbrowns and onto your bacon and eggs. LAME. (and it leaves a massive mess on your plate)
  • @MAGZine said:
    " Waffles.  The waffle has a natural ability to hold syrup. It's awesome.  The pancake, while delicious, just lets the syrup run into your hashbrowns and onto your bacon and eggs. LAME. (and it leaves a massive mess on your plate) "
    Yes. They are little bowls for butter and syrup to be distributed perfectly throughout the waffle. Ingenious.
  • @Jayge: exactly!
  • Anyone voting the pancake ticket has never experienced the bliss that is chicken and waffles.
  • I like waffles better, since if you read above, it has natural abilities that pancakes just don't have. 
  • Also, when was the last time you saw a machine that made novelty-shaped pancakes? 

For your consideration:

• @lane said:
    " Anyone voting the pancake ticket is wrong. "
     Fixed that for you.
  • Waffles, not the frozen ones but the kind at hotels.  Pancakes are okay but i eat them alot more.
  • Both.   I love both equally.
  • @ArchScabby said:
    exactly!

waffles are made to carry the sweet nectar of the noble maple tree into your body.
    pancakes dont! end of story
  • Waffles wrapped in pancakes.

• Ice cream waffles.  End of story.
  • @Newten:  
    I could believe that is actually a real product in the US, especially if it were on a stick. 

It also sounds disgusting.
  • I've never actually had a waffle :|
  • @Zenaxzd:  
    Find yourself a place that serves all-day breakfast, stat!

• @Zenaxzd: You sir, are missing out.