Created by MishaM on March 8, 2019, 9:44 a.m.
  • Hi everyone,

    I am very much a newbie as a member here but I've been a fan since the early Mythbuster days.

    My point is that, being a maker, I am always after the right tool to do the job. I recently watched Part 4 of Adam's King Arthur's Armour YouTube series and was taken by a particular clamp he was using while making the finger plates. (See photo)

    This type of clamp would be particularly useful for some of my ongoing projects. However, I have trawled Amazon, Ebay, Etsy and a number of specialist tool suppliers sites but I can't find anything like it. Could you guys out there help me out? All I need is the correct name for this type of clamp and any information as to where I can get hold of some.

    Thanks in advance guys,

    Misha M

  • @MishaM: That's a "Kant Twist" clamp. Priced from "huh" to "bloody hell." Amazon does have them.

  • @mrwizard: Hell's bells! Well, good luck to Adam who can obviously afford them. Thanks for letting me know. I have, however, found some clamps used in photography which will probably do a similar job but without the huge amount of leverage that the Kant Twist clams can produce. So I tried but thanks a bunch for helping me out. All the best, Misha