FALLOUT 4 ALIEN BLASTER BUILD

Created by FRANCO 358 on June 11, 2017, 7:02 a.m.
  • Finally . After a busy 5 months of FX work and a special commission project for Arleen Sorkin and Christopher Lloyd, I can get back to my pet project.

I decided on a Metallic color for the rest of the Blaster. I'm using Stynylrez Black for the Primer and Basing the Front Pointy Thing in Mr Hobby GX2 Black. The GX 2 is a High Gloss and will be the perfect base color for the Silver top coat.For the top coat I decided to go with MR Color Super Metallic Stainless Steel. The Stainless Steel finish is a perfect complement to the 2 other metallic finishes which are warm toned. After I sprayed the Gx2 , I placed the part in a Deli Cup to keep the dust off as it drys.

• Slight change to the metallic color . I mixed the Stainless Steel with Mr Hobby Super Chrome . The Stainless steel by itself seemed a bit dark . By Mixing the two the Stainless kept the Chrome from being too shinny and the Stainless from being too dark. I was looking for a slightly polished metal look.

The next photo is of the Light Ring that goes between the Front pointy thing and the main body. I wet sanded the part with 2000 grit and did two light coats of Gaia Notes clear Florescent Blue . That was then locked down with Mr Hobby Flat Clear.

Once both parts are dry , they will get glued together, wired and get the Antique wash.

• Not the most exciting but you can see where the Dark Antiquing is going to go . Hard to tell on such a small part but I see the potential on the Main body. The Antiquing was done with oil's and mottled with a brush and rag. A Airbrush was used to pre-shade the lower section of the Front Pointy Thing.

Black gloss basing began on the side panel details . Mr Hobby gx3 black was used.

• Side panel silver detail based in. I'll wait a day or 2 and do the Antique wash over the whole side panel and dry brush highlights on the Copper colored areas.

FPT, all Painted , glued together and temporarily hooked up to it's light module .

• Side Panel antiqued .

Fusion Cell door clear parts masked and painted with Gaia Notes Fluorescent Blue ,top coated with Flat Clear. I'll wait a couple of days and paint the masked area with the metallic Silver.

• Side Panel antiqued .

Fusion Cell door clear parts masked and painted with Gaia Notes Fluorescent Blue ,top coated with Flat Clear. I'll wait a couple of days and paint the masked area with the metallic Silver.

• Metallic finish on Fusion Cell Doors done. I'll wait a few days to totally let the paint cure before doing the Antique wash . In the mean time I have to build a special paint stand to paint the main Body.There will also be another display stand that I will start on as well.

• Fusion Cell Door,Light modules glued and installed. I'LL antique them next weekend and start prepping for the Main Body Paint work.