3d Printers

Created by truckie on Feb. 8, 2019, 11:13 a.m.
  • HI,

wanting to get my first 3d printer don't want something to cheap but not too expensive, something just to dick around with and learn the process, any good recommendations?

• Look at Creality, the Ender 3 is a very popular and afforable printer with lot's of support, and upgrades to print yourself.

Depending on how much you want to spend, you could also go for the CR-20, it's easier to assemble and has some new features. The CR-10 is another option if you need very large build volume.

I'd suggest looking at some comparisons of these online and check prices of shops available to you.

I bought the CR-20 as my first printer because it was cheap where i bought it, only needs 6 screws to assemble the whole thing. It's very easy to use and prints very well.

I don't know if the Ender 3 comes with a flexible build plate, if it doesn't come with a flexible build plate i reccomend getting one, they're pretty cheap.

• @truckie: look at the Anycubic i3 Mega. I've had a few fdm printers, and this one is the easiest and most stable for any beginner. If you want to go resin, try the Phrozen Shuffle. A little pricey, but worth it! Here are some pics from the Shuffle:

• Dear have you searched on any online store? I personally bought my HP printer from https://www.reecoupons.com at a reasonable price. Any specific model and company you want? Go and search there hope you will definitely find within a low budget.

• @Lumor: Thanks for your help.

Just got the the Ender 3 just waiting for it in the post. Software wise what's easy too use?

Wanting to print some of the NASA stuff on GitHub.

• @truckie: Cool! I have only used Cura so far, it takes a little exprimenting to figure out the print settings, but it's quite easy to use. It will most likely go fine with the default settings.

Let me know if you need help.