What does the "Tested" logo reminds you of?

Created by Waytofind on March 15, 2012, 6:27 p.m.
  • It kind of reminds me of The Offspring's old 'identity': 

• Canadians.
  • @Waytofind said:
    " @TheBeast: I think you are on to something there

Hmmm....

"
    xD
  • @Waytofind: I think we've figured out Dave's design process (if it was indeed Dave who designed the logo).

• @JJWeatherman: Stole my answer.That's the first thing I thought of.
  • @Waytofind: Brilliant. I love the internet.
  • In the office we joked that the Tested flame-dude is simply the Giant Bomb after he exploded. He's totally excited to blow up and now he's totally excited about being a fireball. We started with the Red button as the base kind of as an homage to red buttons being things that you don't necessarily want to push. 

Probably my favorite logo I've done so far. I'm usually pretty horrible at logos and having a really hard time with the logo for the movie site.
  • @snide said:
    " In the office we joked that the Tested flame-dude is simply the Giant Bomb after he exploded. He's totally excited to blow up and now he's totally excited about being a fireball. We started with the Red button as the base kind of as an homage to red buttons being things that you don't necessarily want to push.   Probably my favorite logo I've done so far. I'm usually pretty horrible at logos and having a really hard time with the logo for the movie site. "
    Can we maybe, possibly, somehow, ever, get a tiny hint on when that site will be coming? I'm really excited for it.     : )
  • @snide: It's great how your logos always seem to capture the tone of the site really well, loving the Tested one. 
    Hint for the movie site logo; don't use one of those movie clapper board things...
  • @TheBeast said:
    " @snide: It's great how your logos always seem to capture the tone of the site really well, loving the Tested one. Hint for the movie site logo; don't use one of those movie clapper board things... "
    Well crap. Now he has to scrap it.

No, I'm sure it will turn out good though.
  • It reminds me of my father and how he...oh this isn't some sort of psychoanalytic exercise? I think it looks like the Giant Bomb logo on fire but still happy.
  • @TheBeast: Yeah, movies are tough because it's so easy to use cliches.
  • @VinceNotVance said:
    " It reminds me of Gastly, if Gastly was a fireball instead of a ghost Pokemon. "
    Dude, you too?
  • @snide said:
    " Probably my favorite logo I've done so far. I'm usually pretty horrible at logos and having a really hard time with the logo for the movie site. "
    Just grab some image from an old public domain movie and toss it up. Wikipedia's original logo was the American flag, proving that you don't have to put any actual effort into a decent logo. :P
  • @TheBeast said:
    " It kind of reminds me of The Offspring's old 'identity':  "
    exactly what i thought of when i saw it
  • First thing I saw...
  • @snide said:
    " In the office we joked that the Tested flame-dude is simply the Giant Bomb after he exploded. He's totally excited to blow up and now he's totally excited about being a fireball. We started with the Red button as the base kind of as an homage to red buttons being things that you don't necessarily want to push.   Probably my favorite logo I've done so far. I'm usually pretty horrible at logos and having a really hard time with the logo for the movie site. "
    That's pretty awesome!
  • @extremeradical:  

Damn you!  You beat me to the punch...
  • @JeffreyGee: Well, it was kind of obvious. Surprised nobody mentioned it before I did, to be honest.
  • @Liminality said:
    "
    "
  • It made me think of the classic ":D" emoticon only on fire. I'm comfortable with this interpretation. 

• GiantBomb Logo, dunno why.  I guess bombs and fire are similar to me.