Tested blockhead photoshop template

Created by Rallier on Dec. 14, 2012, 2:02 p.m.
  • Using all my photoshop skills I have made...ME!?

AND

ME?!

• @Rallier: Finally some REAL art on Tested.

• Here I am in Tested blockyness form. I didn't know what I should put in the hand so I just got rid of it.

• This is cool! I think I'll try my hand later.

• this is amazing. going to see if i can get something working in pixlemator this evening.

• These are great, guys. My Photoshop-patience is around zero, so I might as well give up on making one :)

• Here's what I did. This is pretty much how I look. The thing on top of my eyes is suppose to be the brim of my hat. Didn't know how to make it look like it on a flat surface.

• Blockheads for life.

• Because Minecraft

• ^For some reason my image is not being uploaded or it's just not visible to me.

• @Vexxan: how big is the file. It wouldn't let me upload my 7mb PNG.

• @Civvie: It's only 78kB. I can see the image when I upload it but when I post my comment it's just gone.

• @Vexxan: Yeah, yours is not showing up for me as well. that's strange.

• @Vexxan: huh sounds like this needs to go into the bug report

• I'll make my own in a bit, but if people want help lining edges up, here's a cube-based template. Just a positioning guide for eyes and ears and the like.

• YAY, I'm a Blockhead!

• I made one too. I might give myself sunglasses, as my eyes look odd. Anyone get my geeky t-shirt reference? It's one of my favourites!

• @coonce Number one new site feature should be a blockhead generator.

• That would be pretty cool, but as long as people know how to use (and have) Photoshop it allows for much more customization.

• where the heck were you last week ? took me forever to figure out mine !!! ;)

• @SLUSHIE: Not a lot of people have Photoshop though. I get mine through a £10,000 site license at work, must be beyond most people though.

• I moved my ear back a bit to match other peoples and made my coffee hot!

The real thing I have learned from all this is that I have a pretty nondescript face. Without a crazy beard or glasses. it's pretty hard to make my blockhead look like me! Ample sideburns is about the most exciting thing I could manage, but that's not exactly a barnstormer, and it's hard to have a quiff on a blockhead!

EDIT: I did try and give myself a Zojirushi, but y'know, in blockhead land, a Zojirushi looks like either a miniature skyscraper, or if you try and round it off... A dildo.

• Went through 3 browsers but my blockhead self is finally visible in my previous comment.

• @Vexxan: How did you add in the black outline? Was that in the template and I screwed it up or is it a layer style I'm missing.?

• @Vexxan said:

Went through 3 browsers but my blockhead self is finally visible in my previous comment.

Looks good, nice idea with the 8 bit controller.

• Finally got around to making mine:

And now I might have to do a little CSS magic to make this happen:

I'll probably have to be more creative with what I put in my hand slot, though.

• @Rallier: EVERYONE! WORK HARDER.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE, UNTIL YOUR PIXELS IMPROVE.

• @Conmused said:

@Rallier: EVERYONE! WORK HARDER.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE, UNTIL YOUR PIXELS IMPROVE.

Yes sir..... :(

• @Conmused: you put more coffee in yours than Will's and I see you like yours with a bit of cream ;)