Will this site have a wiki?

Created by JeffGoldblum on March 15, 2012, 7:06 p.m.
  • I'd like there to be a wiki, but I'm not exactly sure how you'd do it.  Wiki about assorted technology devices I suppose.  But that could be absolutely massive. 

Would be happy to contribute in that case though.
  • I think I read somewhere that it would. 

" ... including a massive product database. " - Help Page 

So yeah I think so. I sure would like a wiki, it'll be interesting to see how it shapes up. The filters the wiki would problem come with would certainly help me find some things that are tough to come across. 
  • @JeffGoldblum: It is a 100% certainty. We're going to be working on it over the next couple weeks. For now though we wanted to make sure Will and Norm had a place to get started. This is the first time we've ever launched a "mini-site" on our own platform (vs. using wordpress) but it seems to be going pretty smoothly outside of the minor email hiccup we encountered.
  • In that case, it'll be a huge wiki, since there are far more tech devices than there are video games or anime/manga even (I think at least).
  • Every Whiskey site worth its salt has a wiki man. This one'll be great too.
  • They probably will, but I know almost nothing about tech so sadly I'll just be a bystander in the development of this website's database.
  • This site needs a hamburger page. We need to find a way to link hamburgers to technology and we'll be all set.
  • @Legend said:
    " This site needs a hamburger page. We need to find a way to link hamburgers to technology and we'll be all set. "
    GB has a hamburger page, it can keep its hamburger page, Tested is a new site o.o
  • He so this site will get a dildo forum eh?
  • Eventually it will have a wiki.
  • @Waytofind said:
    " He so this site will get a dildo forum eh? "
    I don't see how anyone could possibly derive that from anything in the surrounding topic environment.
  • @snide said:
    " @JeffGoldblum: It is a 100% certainty. We're going to be working on it over the next couple weeks. For now though we wanted to make sure Will and Norm had a place to get started. This is the first time we've ever launched a "mini-site" on our own platform (vs. using wordpress) but it seems to be going pretty smoothly outside of the minor email hiccup we encountered. "
    I'm rather impressed that the site actually manages to even function without Wikid. So congratulations on the team's good work there. I'm not sure there would ever be a need for a site to be permanently without a wiki, but it's nice to see that it could work if the need ever arises. :)
  • @Jayge said:
    " @Legend said:
    " This site needs a hamburger page. We need to find a way to link hamburgers to technology and we'll be all set. "
    GB has a hamburger page, it can keep its hamburger page, Tested is a new site o.o "
    I just noticed there is already a thread about this. Every site needs a hamburger page.
  • @Legend said:
    " @Jayge said:
    " @Legend said:
    GB has a hamburger page, it can keep its hamburger page, Tested is a new site o.o "
    I just noticed there is already a thread about this. Every site needs a hamburger page. "
    I agree to disagree on friendly terms.
  • I can't wait to read it, but I don't think I will be able to contribute all that much.

• I think there will be, but when will the site go official.