Regrets from purchasing hardware.

Created by HypoXenophobia on March 15, 2012, 6:52 p.m.
  • I figure this will be interesting, and also a warning to future purchases.

Asus Arctic Square

I bought this a while back because my previous fan was not working. My quad core's temperature averaged at 70 while running idly, and at 104 when running solitaire. So something was obviously wrong. It wouldn't be a problem but Valve was offering Left 4 Dead free for the weekend and I really could not miss out on that. So I bought it from Newegg with 2nd day delivery. It worked, but as you can see, it's quite a hefty to looking fan. So much that I heard it creek as if it were about to split my motherboard in two. I now have to leave my pc on it's side, further more, paying for the shipping and the fan itself cost more than I had budgeted for the month and I didn't have enough for rent. That left me with an unhappy girlfriend and having to sleep on the couch for quite a while.

Lesson of the story
  • That's a fan?  It looks like some kind of nuclear reactor from FFXIII.  I feel you could use it to keep your entire flat cold.
  • @Addfwyn said:
    " That's a fan?  It looks like some kind of nuclear reactor from FFXIII. "
    I thought that I had clicked the wrong thread and this one was about some kind of concept car radiator.

• @Addfwyn said:
    " That's a fan?  It looks like some kind of nuclear reactor from FFXIII.  I feel you could use it to keep your entire flat cold. "

That fan has probably raised my heating bill more than I'd like to acknowledge.