Good turn-based RPG/Strategy games for iPhone?

Created by Zaph on March 15, 2012, 6:31 p.m.
  • Any good turn-based RPG or Strategy games for the iPhone?

I just upgraded to the 4S and I've been looking for something to help kill time on the commutes. So far all I seem to find are Action RPG's (touch-screen joysticks, ugh) and Final Fantasy games.

Something along the lines of Devil Survivor would be great.

Thanks

• Civilization: Revolution is pretty fun. And I don't know of any other games on any platform that blend turn-based RPG and strategy together like devil survivor.
  • I used to love Battle for Wesnoth on the mac and last I heard its also on ios, give it a try.

• Have you tried Starbase Orion? I haven't myself yet, but it's apparently something of a spiritual successor to Master of Orion

• @Zaph Mage Gauntlet and Battleheart. There's nothing wrong with FF 1-3 and Tactics.
  • 100 Rogues almost kept me from switching to Android when it was time to get a new phone. If you're into roguelikes, it's fantastic.

• @vpcwiu Holy fucking shit, thanks dude. Checking out Thor now.
  • I cannot get enough of Star Traders RPG. it is new to the App Store, but I've been playing it every day, and it already got 4 awesome updates. I'm a big fan of Firefly and Serenity, so it makes sense that I love this game I think!

• Anyone know why Battleheart left Android? What a sad day -- I almost went to an iPhone then! it took me a few months, but eventually I did.