Can't get Theme Hospital working on Windows 7

Created by secretagent009 on March 15, 2012, 6:30 p.m.
  • Well, I can launch the game. But the problem is, the game takes up only a small part of the screen ( a small square in the middle). I tried running in different compatibility modes, updated windows, and checked the in-game options but I can't get this fixed. Any help is appreciated.
  • You'll probably just have to turn down your screen resolution in Windows before you launch the game.
  • Quote from the Wikipedia page: 

The Windows port of Theme Hospital was actually a Win32 version of the DOS version, but all display, mouse, keyboard and sound output and input was performed using DirectX. Because of this, it still had a Low Resolution mode, despite the fact that it could only simulate it. Also, some dos applications were still installed with it (including MIDIFORM.EXE for converting midi files, and the companion batch file).    

Yeah, I wanted to know what Theme Hospital was... Now I kind of want to play it. 
  • @Fripplebubby said:
    " Quote from the Wikipedia page: 

The Windows port of Theme Hospital was actually a Win32 version of the DOS version, but all display, mouse, keyboard and sound output and input was performed using DirectX. Because of this, it still had a Low Resolution mode, despite the fact that it could only simulate it. Also, some dos applications were still installed with it (including MIDIFORM.EXE for converting midi files, and the companion batch file).    

Yeah, I wanted to know what Theme Hospital was... Now I kind of want to play it.  "
    Theme Hospital was awesome, much better than Theme Park, you should really acquire it. Damn, now I want to play it again.
  • I personally want a sim ant update :( sim ant pc wont work, so i gotta play the snes version...
  • Theme Hospital, Theme Park, Sim Ant, etc.....all of them were fuckin awesome.
    and ok I'll try lowering the resolution before launching it then. If that doesn't work, how would I use DOSBox? Would i have to purchase a different version of the game? Or does it come with the Win32 version? I'm pretty sure DOXBox is downloadable right?
      And also, would my old save files work with the DOS version too?

• Oh god, this takes me back. Theme Hospital was a lot of fun. Does the Win32 version not work properly with Windows 7's XP mode? If you really dont want to use the DOS version, I imagine you could just set up a virtual machine, which is what I tend to do for a lot of older games.