Minecraft!: The Tested.com Community Minecraft Server Thread HD Perfect

Created by evil_gordita on Dec. 31, 2013, 8:02 p.m.
  • @evil_gordita: Evil, so you hear about all this Minecraft server junk drama that's been going on?

• @coopdegra: I saw that. Here's to our benevolent overlord who doesn't charge for access to the server.

Also, I'm living in another city without regular internet access (deliberately) away from my PC (also deliberately). I think I'll be back near it for a day or two in a couple weeks.

• @coopdegra: The EULA stuff concerning charging for access? I saw the stuff on the Mojang blog, but not the drama around it.

Okay guys, the inventory stuff is now fixed.

• @evil_gordita: Radical

• Where is everyone! Now that I've freed up time, and can make it on, no one's around.

We need a recruiting campaign! Spread the word! Can't Will and Norm help bring new people to the server? Maybe Adam could hold a contest?

• I have a friend or two who would like to join; I've noticed a few things around spawn that could be cleaned up; and there are server-wide cosmetic additions I'd like to contribute.

For these and other reasons I officially request to be made Op.

• @coopdegra: We miss you Coop! Can't wait till yer back.

• @Tashi:  ! I have been so busy finishing up summer classes and having an internship. I will try to hop on sometime this weekend or even today, as long as your friends requested on the sign up page I'll get them all approved.
  • @coopdegra: Sweet. Thank you sir. But keep in mind my application.

Also, would I be able to get a /tp command block? I'd like my star ship to have a Transporter. ;) It would only be from the ground up, and then perhaps back down.

• @Tashi: Hey Coop, we have a new player: s3bash is waiting for whitelist. Thanks!

s2bash is not one of the friends I have joining.

• Heyo! I recently "discovered" the forums and saw that we had a minecraft server. I signed up, and logged in and am waiting for approval. I will not be a dick.

thanks @Tashi for the welcome in game.

• @Tashi: I've been on a bit lately, guess I've missed you...different time zones probably or something

• Hey Z! You probably did miss me.

I'm at home a lot more these days; pursuing my freelance writing career; finishing up online schooling; caring for my girls. I'm on a fair bit, but only in 20 - 30 minutes periods.

If you want to hook up shoot me a text when you're on: 780 667 5879. Or hit me up on Facebook: lindsey.mccarthy.7796@facebook.com

• @Tashi said:

I have a friend or two who would like to join; I've noticed a few things around spawn that could be cleaned up; and there are server-wide cosmetic additions I'd like to contribute.

For these and other reasons I officially request to be made Op.

Noted, but in general I think I'd prefer not to have people asking for op status. I'd like to have input from the other mods, but coopdegra and BabiSealClubber have pretty much been the only active ones (and that's saying something) so at some point I'll probably just have to make a unilateral decision.

I'm not sure what you mean by server-wide cosmetic additions, but in general you don't need to be an op to do that as long as they're within reason and being an op doesn't grant you any extra privileges there. Always be mindful of other people's creations. As for spawn, you might want to hold off for a bit, I have a project I want to get off the ground soon. coopdegra and zcreator know what I'm talking about.

• @Tashi said:

Also, would I be able to get a /tp command block? I'd like my star ship to have a Transporter. ;) It would only be from the ground up, and then perhaps back down.

I would have to assist with that, as command blocks aren't under the purview of GroupManager. Currently, the hub isn't really built for expansion, but if anyone has ideas about that, go for it.

Edit: Oh, right, yeah. From the ground below. I'll see what I can when I log back in. It would help me a lot if you built your teleporter a head of time. Something with a button or a switch and maybe a bit of redstone leading to where you want the command block placed. Should the command block target a single player or all players in a given radius? Keep in mind the radius is around the command block, so place the button or switch appropriately.

• @evil_gordita: If it's what i think it is, then i'm pretty hyped about it finally coming together.

@s3bash: You are all set, have fun building and welcome to the server

@Tashi: If Wantan is one of your friends i added them but if greenphoenix/jeffencino is also a friend, i was unable to add them because they haven't been on the server yet.

• @evil_gordita Thanks Evil, that all sounds awesome. Yes, I'll build the whole thing and mark placement for the command blocks; I'd go with 'all players in a given area', and I'll let you know the radius(probably 6x6 or 8x8).

I'm excited about additions to spawn. Let me know if I can help.

@coopdegra I don't recognize those names, but my buddy's haven't logged in yet. I'll let you know when they do.

Question for management: Am I allowed to give out incentives for joining? Diamond / Iron / Saddles. Can a 'Quick Start Pack' be created? again, as an incentive.

~

By the way everyone, one of the ideas I have for my next project is Dr Herald White's Warp Ship Design. Check it out: http://bit.ly/1s6Gcvw

• Just an update to @coopdegra: and all,

I've been enjoying a summer without internet access at home. I will likely continue this wonderful, peaceful existence for the next month and a half. See you all soon!

Also, TIL, typing @ opens a callout menu in the forum. I'm going places.

• I've had an application in for almost a full day and it still has not gone through...

• @LexiSilva: Sorry, Been Busy, you are all set. Welcome to the server!

• Welcome @LexiSilva,@s3bash, and@wantan! Great to have you on the server.

• I'm glad to see that the server is still around, I have not played Minecraft in forever but instead have been busting my back at work haha.

It seems like there is so much new stuff that has been added to Minecraft in my absence that I do not even know where to start heh.

• @WolfOfOne: Oh shit wolf, hell i don't even know what is new or old that they added anymore.

• @WolfOfOne, despite the recent controversy regarding Mojang condemning the monetizing of server subscriptions -- thus reminding us that although Minecraft is a great sandbox platform, it is still a game made by a privately owned company -- it still remains a community building tool and one provides an outlet for creative expression.

There have indeed been many additions to the game. Check out the wiki for details on new and exiting things. Also, feel free to pop on and I can show you some of the new stuff.

• Hi Guys,

Ive been on tested for ages, but just recently decided to join the minecraft server, i usually just play solo. anyways, im looking forward to meeting some of you in game and i cant wait to start building.

• Hey, @Bummey,@LexiSilva,@s3bash, and@wantan: haven't seen you on for a while, where'd ya go?

• @Tashi said:

Hey, @Bummey,@LexiSilva,@s3bash, and@wantan: haven't seen you on for a while, where'd ya go?

Real life stuff to deal with unfortunately.

• Sad face. Make sure to spare some time for recreation; having fun makes the rest easier to deal with. :)

• can someone please activate me on the server ?

username: tbryceland

thanks in advance

• @TommyB: Hey, you've been taken care of!