Kickstarter: Shadow Run Returns

Created by Rallier on April 5, 2012, 11:49 a.m.
  • And for those of you who, like me, were not aware of what's going on here: this isn't a revival of the below-average 2007 PC/Xbox 360 game "Shadowrun"; it's derived from source material that existed long before that game.

• @Rallier: You don't get to pick that image. It's automagic.

• @Rallier: That image for the thumbnails is the best.

Otherwise I am excited for this. I have always thought that the ShadowRun universe was really cool, can't wait to see what this is.

• @CROM: I believe you mean only for Vista. :) I remember wanting to play this in XP but it wouldn't let me.

Also, really excited for this.

• I was going to say something rude about how I found Shadowrun utterly frustrating back in the day, or that $400,000 isn't that much to make a game.

But I then watched the kickstarter and realized there's 23 days to go and they're already killing it. People have some serious love for that game, it seems.

Sorry, my rose-tinted glasses of nostalgia have their hands full already (mainly by that Wastelands 2, now THERE'S a game).

• Shadowrun is perhaps the most competitive FPS for the Xbox 360. Microsoft f'd it up by telling FASA to make sure it was cross platform with the PC. It failed for that reason. This game is actually amazing and doesn't get the credit it deserves.

There are tournaments on PlayShadowrun.com. I am the tournament director and I play this game religiously. It is a great buy for Xbox or PC. I strongly recommend it.

• @Rallier said:

@gpbmike said:

@Rallier: You don't get to pick that image. It's automagic.

You can actually. I'm not sure if the option comes up when you first upload it but you can change it afterwards.

You can't choose which point exactly will be the thumbnail image though, they give you three options which i suppose are the beginning the middle and the end of the video.

edit: http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/6939/youtubethumbnailselecti.png

What? In that case they're all fired. Terrible choice.

• While we are all waiting (and drooling) for the new Shadow Run, these guys make an awesome cyber-punk RPG for your Android. It plays more like the Sega version (old school fun), so if you loved that game or Syndicate, then you might enjoy this one.

It's called Cyber Knights. Love it!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tresebrothers.games.cyberknights&hl=en

I borrowed the banner from the Android market;

• @Railer - sorry!