Tested TF2: Return of the server.

Created by Conmused on Aug. 13, 2012, 2:20 p.m.
  • UPDATE: TF2 SERVER ACQUIRED!

Woohoo! Hop on over to tf2.tested.com - We've got official Tested.com approval, it seems!

If the DNS hasn't propagated yet, try 74.91.122.51:27015

Would a server really return? or would it... Revenge? Either way, it's back!

All hail mighty @lane, for he grabbed initiative by the balls and purchased a server for 30 days (Update: you guys have funded the server for 6 months!). Want to contribute? You can help fund our new server right HERE.

If you're worried about throwing money into the void of the internet, @lane said:

donations are handled directly through NFO, who hosts the server. All donations are applied directly to the account, so even though I'd love to spend all your money on my potato-chips-that-look-like-Obama collection, I can't touch it.

Also, join The Tested TF2 Club!

The Tested TF2 Club is a Steam group committed to a single purpose: getting the word out when the server begins filling up via group messages. The idea is this: anyone is welcome to join the group if they want to be alerted when the Tested server has players in it. Most people, provided they actually spend time playing in the server, will quickly be promoted to admin so that they have the power to broadcast messages to the group. The whole idea is to have an entire cabal of people who can alert other Tested users when the server is seeing activity, so this list will end up being pretty extensive.

Once again, that's tf2.tested.com! We'll see you there!

Want to talk about the TF2 server with other tested.com users? Got IRC? We're at #Tested on freenode. Join us!

IRC Webchat: http://goo.gl/TdZr2

[Edited by lane on 07/26/13]

• @Conmused: I heard it rises..... wamp wamp waaaaaa....

• sm_cvar tf_birthday 1

• I am potentially interested, lets see where this goes. How do you want to collect? Amazon Payments, PayPal, Dwolla?

• Sounds like a cool idea. I'd definitely make a donation to get a TF2 server running.

• @Dracono: whatever takes the least amount from transactions. Never heard of dwolla, and my work blocks them for being.. a chat client? How do they fare?

• Dwolla looks pretty good...free to receive $10 or under, they take $.25 for any transaction over $10.

• Fuck yes, I'll help get this going, also on the tested minecraft server we aren't just sending money to xantar directly,because yeah that would be really sketchy, it's all going through PayPal
  • For now I'm leaning towards Amazon/Paypal being its the most used by everyone today, but maybe Amazon/Paypal/Google/Dwolla breakdown could become a good tested article in the future (Will/Norm *hint*).

• SERVER ACQUIRED. Details pending.

• I am ready for this server to be up and running. We can now have some Tested TF2 nights again!

• So for those who didn't bother clicking the link, donations are handled directly through NFO, who hosts the server. All donations are applied directly to the account, so even though I'd love to spend all your money on my potato-chips-that-look-like-Obama collection, I can't touch it. The server is already up but I'm getting SourceMod and all that up and going before I post the IP. It should be ready to go within a few hours.

Also, for those who weren't around for the original Tested TF2 mania, see this thread for information on our Steam group and how to get a game going when the server's empty.

• OK, the server's up and going. You can find it at 74.91.122.51:27015, as well as tf2.tested.com as soon as it propogates through DNS. Enjoy!

• I would join in, but I won't have decent internet connectivity (if at all) for the next two weeks.

• Just as I was fixing to uninstall TF2 to make space on my harddrive Valve releases info on a horde mode, it's like they've been tracking my mouse hovering over the "Delete local content" button.

• It's great to know that Fripplebubby still has my number and that I am still spy kibble.

• Hopped on last night. If you're stateside, it's pretty decent ping. 140ish for european folks?

Have loot drops increased? I feel like I got a bunch right when I logged on. Maybe that's just built-in hooks to keep players coming back.

• So when does this update actually drop. I jumped on today and saw nothing new.

• @Murtaug: Yeah I can't seem to get in a server to save my life, I guess I'll just go play Sleeping Dogs since that's awesome.

• Anyone want to try the coop with me?

• Huzzah I can finally join in the fun now that I've got a PC that'll actually run games with an FPS over 4.

Is L4D2 still active? I was thinking of grabbing that as well but I'm worried about playing with a bunch of randos. Is it worth getting L4D as well?

• @simian: I dunno, but I haven't played L4D in YEARS, and haven't heard much about updates in a while. Without updates, I'm not sure how well it'd survive.

Speaking of updates, has anyone tried Mann vs. Machine yet? Is it everything you could hope for and more? Is self-hosting a game a viable option?

• @simian: Everytime new maps get released there is usually a bunch of people that jump on L4D2. That said, the game works incredibly well with randoms. Much better than most games.

@Conmused: Ever since the update dropped I've been unable to get into any TF2 matches of any kind. I get an error that says I can't join the TF2 item server. Looks like Valve underestimated its player base.

• @Conmused: played quite a bit of Mann vs machine and like it a lot...hard to get in servers though

• @zmaster: @thabigred: Aw. That's sad. But if there's one thing TF2 does, it's update. Probably won't be long before we see MvM get more manageable.

• @Conmused said:

@zmaster: @thabigred: Aw. That's sad. But if there's one thing TF2 does, it's update. Probably won't be long before we see MvM get more Mannageable.

ftfy

• Great news about the server! Maybe I will try to play again.
  • I believe we have donations and server is covered til February of next year. As long as we get donations keep coming in the server will stay running. Still have yet to play some MvM, but always be collecting hats!

• "Estimated wait time: 40 minutes"

Alright I'll just watch some more TNG.

*Get through two episodes in their entirety while the game searches for a match*

*The screen finally comes up that I'm joining a match*

[HL2.exe has stopped working]

If I buy tickets can I get an express queue? You know like Disney world or Universal Studios.

• Maybe I'm stupid, but I can't find the server. Any tips?