Tested PC Gaming Community

Created by HypoXenophobia on March 15, 2012, 7:05 p.m.
  • Post your Steam ID's

Week 1 winner - Team Fortress 2

To avoid a slight confusion, Falx and I considered a light hearted way of distinguishing community members is to tag our steam ids with something distinguishing.
    Example, I'm currently Beard HypoXenophobia

So you could support Team Beard, Team Rubbah, or Team Frank.

Steam IDs(so far)

HypoXenophobia
    Falx
    Borg343 
    Rean
     Monkeygekko 
    AnoidDroid
    (The rest of your ids couldn't be found on steam, provide links)

BFBC2( After going through this, I found this to be a bit redundant)
    Falx - Falx
    Borg343 - borg343 
     Binman88  -  Binman88 
    MonkeyGekko - MonkeyGekko

For what it's worth, you can now follow me on twitter. As I've realized, it might be an easy way to keep people in formed.
  • @JoelTGM said:
    " If you really do have a $1000 machine, then look into getting Battlefield Bad Company 2.  It's quite a thrill to play, and the multiplayer is awesome with the destructible environments.  I play Quake Live, Counterstrike Pro mod, Bad Company 2, and am messing around with the Lead and Gold steam beta. "
    Is the Lead and Gold steam beta an open one? Secondly, does BFBC2 seem like it has longevity, I never considered purchasing it because to me it seemed like it would go the way of MW2
  • @HypoXenophobia said:
    " @JoelTGM said:
    " If you really do have a $1000 machine, then look into getting Battlefield Bad Company 2.  It's quite a thrill to play, and the multiplayer is awesome with the destructible environments.  I play Quake Live, Counterstrike Pro mod, Bad Company 2, and am messing around with the Lead and Gold steam beta. "
    Is the Lead and Gold steam beta an open one? Secondly, does BFBC2 seem like it has longevity, I never considered purchasing it because to me it seemed like it would go the way of MW2 "
    I sold MW2 after getting BFBC2. BFBC2 just gives me a lot more enjoyment. The typical Dice launch problems has pretty much been fixed so now is the time to get it.  

I'm on a Mac, and my Windows desktop is not hooked up. But I have quite a few Steam games and once that comes out for Mac later this month I will be playing a good amount of games, but most likely a lot of TF2. 
  • @JoelTGM: 
    I just watched a video of CS Promod, having never never played CS before and only hearing stories, man those people are ruthless.

So I was thinking, maybe next Friday try and set up the first community game night, but it seems people have a scatter shot array of games. Would this be easily settled with a poll?
  • Feel free to add me on Steam - tobinman - though I don't play many multiplayer games on there. I have a retail copy of Bad Company 2 - my soldier name is Binman88 in game.
  • @GamerOfFreedom said:
    " Really BFBC2 is like 10 times better than the sucky MW2 "
    Correct!
  • i play TF2
  • Steam is a addiction. No joke. I have over 100games through there, and i play maybe 20 all the way through :/ lol
  • As with the other 2, post the games and ID's, and then I'll put up a poll for what we'll play this weekend.
  • Teh_Webby 
    is my Steam ID. Just playing MW2 (free weekend) atm
    I still need to buy Bad Company 2 but when I get it I will be playing a lot.
  • Steam - vivekrughani 
    Long time CS:S player, and used to play alot of TF2 L4D, but have moved to PS3 after buying a laptop that struggles with some of these games. 

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197967432546  
    theres the link 
  • @Rean: 
    Wow, what laptop struggles with TF2 O_o
  • My steam ID is MonkeyGekko, and I would be up for pretty much anything.
  • @AnoidDroid: 
    It was weird, when you left we switched to a CTF match. the room filled up to 20. Who controls the stream group?
  • Will there be a vote every week, or will you guys just pick a game? Or have will it go down?
  • @AnoidDroid: 
    I've been debating creating a twitter account specifically to raise awareness. I think people would see that before the events, just a hunch.
  • @HypoXenophobia: Maybe you should add Bad company 2 friend addies to the main post, since that was one of the top contenders in the vote. TF2 and Bad Company 2 was also dominating all other games anyway, so they're probably the ones to go with on a game night. 

Mine is MonkeyGekko, if you think its a good idea.
  • @MonkeyGekko: 
    I was thinking there would be a vote every week, thought I will feel rather bad polling week after week, though it makes for good backtracking. Secondly, BFBC2 isn't available on Steam?
  • @HypoXenophobia: Bad Company 2 is available on Steam, although you can't register it on steam, but I forgotten all about the ability to add non steam games, for people who have bought the retail version. :P
  • @MonkeyGekko: 
    fixed it for you
  • @HypoXenophobia:  steam = AhmadMetallic  / BC2 = Metallic.IL.
  • @DazbotAthertron: 
    I announce them on the forums, I have no control over the Steam group. You can follow my measly twitter accounts that pretty much regurgitates these announcements.
  • Steam ID: IzninjaFTW 

I play TF2, Distopia, Synergy and other games
  •  I hooked up my Windows PC again. Look me up on Steam. Username is the same as here.   

Do we have a Steam group? 
  • @FakePlasticTree: 
    yes.   
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/testedcom

Will and Norm control the steam group. Tell your friends about the steam group and tested.com. Someone told me the site is filled with cool people and cool stuff to read/watch :)
  • @HypoXenophobia said:
    " @FakePlasticTree: 
    yes.   
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/testedcom
      Will and Norm control the steam group. Tell your friends about the steam group and tested.com. Someone told me the site is filled with cool people and cool stuff to read/watch :) "
    Sweet, thanks. Joined the group. 
  • steam psn_thatladprecious

• I'm HannukahZombie on Steam and Origin, but I'm not a big TF2 player. Never played it in fact. I play the hell out of BF3, though. Every Friday and Saturday night usually.