Looking for Camera Reccomendations

Created by JohnLivingston on March 15, 2012, 6:23 p.m.
  • First and foremost, totally rad site!  

Anyways, I'm going to Egypt for 2 weeks, leaving Saturday. With this, I figure it's time to get a new camera and what do ya know, an awesome tech site opens! I'm looking for a reasonably priced (Around 200 bucks) small camera. I'm not necessarily looking for an SLR, just a nice digital. I want something that's easy to carry around with me.

Even if I could get some brand recommendations, that would help tremendously! 

Thanks everyone! :D 

Edit: Sorry, just noticed "recommendations" is spelled incorrectly in the title and it's annoying me... phew, that feels better. :P
  • Oh man I'm trying to think of the nice ones we have at school. They're Canon something... ah ha! Canon EOS 40D. I use it on a semi-regular basis and it's wonderful. Not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but I'll put in some shots I did with it below.  

• If you're looking for a nice portable point and shoot, I think the Nikon CoolPix S630.  It's small, portable, and actually can take some pretty nice shots.  It's about $170 I think.

• Any Nikon cameras are really.