Blizzard just send me the most terrifying e-mail I ever received

Created by Rallier on March 15, 2012, 6:22 p.m.
  • @Rallier:  
    If it aint a scam you may send it to me since I have never even tried playing wow :p Otherwise can't steam put a timer on your playtime so the game will be shut down whenever you reach the limit guess you would have to give your parents control over your account for it to work though.
  • "Thank you for destroying the productivity of an entire nation. We sent you this cocaine as a thank you. Come get it, it's only one click away buddy..."

You should totally try it out though. I went from 1-85 in like 4 days and it was my time playing the game. I gave it up a month later. It's not a bad game by any means, but I couldn't find a guild that suited me enough that I wanted to stay in for the long haul.
  • I'm a big Blizzard fanboy from way back but WoW never got it's hooks into me. I played up to LVL20 for a couple character classes but got bored when I couldn't effectively solo anymore. 
    Neocron.... now that was an MMO.
  • Meh, I've been supporting WoW since it's beta, including collectors editions and shit, and they can't give me a free copy of SC2? :(
  • @simian: You couldn't effectively solo past level 20?  How? 
  • @Addfwyn the return on time spent made it less and less worthwhile. Plus the downtime between fights made it intensely boring
  • @simian: I'm with you but I got a bunch of them to lvl 40.  

It just got.
    So.  
    Freekin.  
    Boring.

• Not that I'm saying to go play WoW again but they completely changed all the "old world" content (1 - 60) with the Cataclysm release regardless of what version of the game you have.  I've got to say, it's infinitely better and made the entire game a lot more approachable as a whole.  I've leveled a bunch of characters and know the exact grind you guys are talking about.  That's all been changed and reworked, it's actually pretty fun to fly through the old world content now.  Of course, that might have been because I was trying out one of the two classes I hadn't leveled up yet and was having a blast with it.
  • Agreed, I remember playing the game at release and getting bored around level 25 or so and quit (Too much downtime, a lot harder to solo + Warrior was simply not very fun back then) until a little under a year ago. Now I play it occasionally and with about 2 days playtime I'm level 66 which is hella fast for an mmo
  • The new WoW Client will have an initial download and then start streaming the rest of it as you play so if your download speeds aren't the best you can probably still try it out. 
     I still have an active WoW account, but mostly because you can find farmers that will trade you gold for game time codes and gold isn't that hard to come by anymore. I just log on once a week to raid and once a week to pvp in arena matches with friends. That's the only time I find it fun because it's mostly just a time to talk to friends on vent/skype while we play the game. And if you get sweet sweet purples or beat a good team in arenas it just makes it that much more fun.

• To me, the subscription fee has always been the barrier to playing. $15-20/month for one game is too much for me, although I could stomach paying $5. Then again, it's probably better the way it is, because I waste enough time already with games that don't have subscription fees...