Quadcopter/Drone Kit Recommendations (for use with an action cam)

Created by tomtakespictures on Sept. 16, 2015, 1:02 p.m.

• I've recently become very interested in drones/quadcopters. I'm a photographer and there seems to be a lot of potential in filming with a drone for certain footage. I also prefer to make something rather than buying it. I'd just rather replace a part myself should a motor burn out or something like that.

After taking a look at YouTube, HobbyKings and other forums, I've realized that I'm in over my head a little bit when it comes to picking something out that will suit my needs. The Trifecta tri-copter on HobbyKings looks pretty good. But, again, I'm not really sure that this is going to get me the results I want in terms of video footage.

My end goal is to be able to throw a Mobius or GoPro on it and get some good 1080p footage to work into my projects. That's pretty much it. I'm kind of hesitating on the Trifecta because of this, it seems a little bit more agile than I'll actually need.

Do you guys know of any good places to find more information about this? Any opinions of your own?

Thanks!