HD Video camera that has usb interface?

Created by barry99705 on June 29, 2015, 5:21 a.m.
  • Hey guys, hopefully someone has come across something like this. One of my wife's musician friends is having a house concert and I'm looking for a better camera for it. Last year we used a hd webcam(zoom q8) it it worked okay, but the "zoom" is digital, and isn't the best. We're pulling audio straight off the sound board, so the camera doesn't really need a good mic. The streaming software uses any usb webcam for input, so that's why I'm looking for usb. I tried a blackmagic box with a video camera, but the software couldn't see the blackmagic stream.

• How far will the camera be from the musicians?

How long do you want to record for?

• It's actually going to live stream, so length of time isn't really an issue. Distance is anywhere from 10 to 20 feet. Mark moves around when singing.

• Hmm, in that case I would actually recommend a GoPro, they can stream over WiFi so distance, cables and such wouldnt be a problem.

Here have a look at the setup.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Gopro-Hero-3-Black-Edition-IP-camera/step2/Getting-the-stream-in-VLC/

• Has to be over usb. Also has to have an optical zoom.

• Guess I waited too long to edit my post... The site they use for broadcast is www.stageit.com