creativeLIVE and Other Online Courses

Created by Anominal on Oct. 12, 2013, 8:39 p.m.
  • So I checked out creativeLIVE for the first time on Thursday and thought it was fantastic.

For those that don't know, they supply online workshops to watch for free, as long as you're watching live or during the evening rebroadcast. The trick is that the workshop I was watching was from 9am-4pm Thurs-Sat so with work I could only catch bits here and there. At the same time, seeing how good the quality of instruction was, and realizing how long the workshop was (I was thinking 3-4 hours max when I first heard of it) the $99 fee I decided to pay for the course seemed like it was worth it.

Maybe I should have mentioned the workshop on Thursday so you guys could check it out, but the good news is that there is currently a 30 Days of Photoshop workshop that's still ongoing to sometime in November.

Now my question is has anyone tried other online courses? Phlearn, lynda.com, kelbytraining, photoclasses.com, or others? Any specific classes you'd recommend?

Side Note:

I think my dilemma before about whether or not I could try to buy into Adobe's photographer package seems like a much better deal if I can actually take advantage of what Photoshop has to offer. And now that I built up my blog, have a friend who 's going to let me practice some portraiture on (and try to make some Halloween themed composites), I feel like this is going to be money well spent.

• I don't mean to double post, but I guess there's a time-out on editing?

Anyway, I forgot to mention that there's a Lightroom workshop going on right now (Saturday evening PST). The rebroadcast is right now for Day 1. Day 2 and its rebroadcast is tomorrow. Learning lots right now.