RSS Podcast Art is a No-Show in Zune Software

Created by Fish_Face_McGee on March 15, 2012, 6:22 p.m.
  • @fish_face_mcgee: 
    I'm pretty sure you only get podcast art when the podcast has officially been submitted through Microsoft and is up on the Marketplace to subscribe to. Have you gotten podcast art through RSS on Zune before?
  • the zune software will use an image if it's available in the rss feed.  the tested rss feed has no such image.  i hope they correct this soon.
  • @fish_face_mcgee said:
    " @JJWeatherman: Yeah.  I've added plenty of podcasts through the podcast RSS.  Back before I found out the workaround to make the Zune search tolerable, that's how I would re-add all my podcasts whenever I need to reinstall.  Xbox 360 Fancast had a weird issue with its Zune art, so fans created a separate RSS feed with art that fits the screen properly. "
    Huh. Well I've only ever added a couple podcasts through RSS and they never had art. Maybe it will come through a little later.
  • @JJWeatherman said:
    " @fish_face_mcgee said:
    " @JJWeatherman: Yeah.  I've added plenty of podcasts through the podcast RSS.  Back before I found out the workaround to make the Zune search tolerable, that's how I would re-add all my podcasts whenever I need to reinstall.  Xbox 360 Fancast had a weird issue with its Zune art, so fans created a separate RSS feed with art that fits the screen properly. "
    Huh. Well I've only ever added a couple podcasts through RSS and they never had art. Maybe it will come through a little later. "
    Depending on the podcasts, they may just not have had art in the feed, like cowgod mentioned.
  • i love the zune software, but it's painful how awful it handles podcasts.  nearly every podcast i listen to has consistency problems (missing art, mislabeled titles, etc.) and there's no simple way to correct these issues.  creating your own rss feed seems to be the only way.

• @cowgod said:
    " i love the zune software, but it's painful how awful it handles podcasts.  nearly every podcast i listen to has consistency problems (missing art, mislabeled titles, etc.) and there's no simple way to correct these issues.  creating your own rss feed seems to be the only way. "
    I've never had any of those issues besides missing art when art wasn't in the feed (as mentioned above). My only gripe about how the Zune platform as a whole handles podcasts is that I can't subscribe to/download/edit feed settings on my Zune itself.