"questions" is the worst part of the podcast

Created by TheAdmin on March 15, 2012, 6:36 p.m.
  • @nihilisticmonkey: I have to disagree. Like you said, it's probable that they have read the comments in this thread. That's enough. They will then talk amongst themselves in both a casual manner and in meetings. Once they're ready to talk about changes (if they're made), then they'll say "yeah, we've heard about what people like and don't like, so this is what we're doing". Just like they do with everything else (ie - the conversation during the SNES show).

• They might have some big announcements fro the big live show... Perhaps that's why they're waiting. Will is pretty good about user feedback.
  • Please for the love of god, don't change your podcast.  

I love it so much because of the tangents. Who wants just another tech podcast? There are hundreds of those out there. Whiskey always makes an effort to make something different from everything else out there.   

Who gives a fuck what Will and Norm do in there free time? It is not even your business. 

Also, Gary is awesome.
  • @BenAg: What do tangents have to do with questions? I think the tangents are good, and the questions in their current form are a colossal waste of time. You don't need them to answer half of these questions, since they're almost all tech support or "what should I buy?" type questions.

• @DystopiaX said:

@BenAg: What do tangents have to do with questions? I think the tangents are good, and the questions in their current form are a colossal waste of time. You don't need them to answer half of these questions, since they're almost all tech support or "what should I buy?" type questions.

I am just responding to everyone else's comments in this thread. A lot of people are complaining about tangents. 

But on a more on-topic note. I enjoy the questions. The home town trivia/would you rather is an interesting twist.
  • @BenAg said:

@DystopiaX said:

@BenAg: What do tangents have to do with questions? I think the tangents are good, and the questions in their current form are a colossal waste of time. You don't need them to answer half of these questions, since they're almost all tech support or "what should I buy?" type questions.

I am just responding to everyone else's comments in this thread. A lot of people are complaining about tangents. But on a more on-topic note. I enjoy the questions. The home town trivia/would you rather is an interesting twist.

Agree, love the hometown trivia personally. Especially cause some dude in a january cast revealed that he lives in the same town as I did lol

• Now that I think about it the questions should be replaced with would you rathers since they seem to be getting into that kind of thing lately and the ones sent to GB are always elaborate and great.
  • I'll reiterate my opinion because this thread is getting bigger and bigger. I LOVE the tangents and I'm happy with the questions because of the conversations they spark off.

• I'm disappointed it seems that Will and Norm have either not seen this (which is highly unlikely) or they're ignoring it... The exact problem I talked about in the first post happened in the last podcast (episode 83) for question number 2. After Will said he had to turn away files for sounding poor, I wonder if it's more of the submitter than Will.

• I completely disagree with doing away with audio questions. There just needs to be more quality control and written questions should be read. With that enacted, Will could then start pointing out that if someone has yet to hear their question it may be due to audio quality or something, and to send it in as a text email.

Personally, it would suck for me if they were to do away with audio questions. The two that I've sent in so far have been stupid long. The first one I think was around a minute long, and the one I sent in last week was like 85 seconds. But it's not because I'm rambling on, or saying "ummm..." every sentence like some audio questions that get sent it. I type out my questions in advance, edit them a few times, and then send in the best recording out of probably too many attempts.

• @Falcon said:

I completely disagree with doing away with audio questions. There just needs to be more quality control and written questions should be read. With that enacted, Will could then start pointing out that if someone has yet to hear their question it may be due to audio quality or something, and to send it in as a text email.

Personally, it would suck for me if they were to do away with audio questions. The two that I've sent in so far have been stupid long. The first one I think was around a minute long, and the one I sent in last week was like 85 seconds. But it's not because I'm rambling on, or saying "ummm..." every sentence like some audio questions that get sent it. I type out my questions in advance, edit them a few times, and then send in the best recording out of probably too many attempts.

An idea might be to send a text copy, along with the audio copy, for Will/Gary/Norm. They could paste the text translation directly into their gdocs podcast doc, and all have a copy of the question.

• @MAGZine: Considering how many tangents the guys go off into, that's a good idea.

• I don't care for the audio questions most of the time since it sounds like they're played straight out of the email client without any kind of screening. I think they'd be a much better segment if they were pre-screened for volume, quality, content and length. Make that an intern's job!