Windows tablet with 4gb ram and decent CPU?

Created by Eujin on July 2, 2015, 11:08 a.m.
  • Posts are disappearing, so lets see if this works?

• I have a Gigabyte s1082 Slate and it runs great, I run all my photo software and use it alot for my stained glass template design. There are newer versions of it now so just check out their site http://www.gigabyte.com/products/list.aspx?s=116&p=370&v=1&ck=71

• What are your needs? Price range? Can't go wrong with either Surface in my opinion.
  • So, the original post got eaten, lets see if I can post this again:

• Not entirely sure why my posts keep getting cut. It seems to have flagged me as a new user, even though I've been here before the Whiskey Media split. I also can't edit my original posts. Regardless, here we go again.

I'm looking for something $500-700, that is able to smoothly run Fantasy Grounds, which is a Virtual Tabletop program.

I currently own a Transformer Book T100. It can run the application, but choppily.

I also bought, and have since returned, a Surface 3. It actually ran it worse than my old T100. I'm betting it is likely due to the larger resolution, where as the Surface 3's CPU isn't that much better than the T100.

I'm seeing stuff out there about the Envy x2 13.3 that indicates it might be worthwhile, and it's currently on sale in the $600 range.

I also originally had hopes for the Lenovo Miix 2 11, but it appears they're hardcapping the CPU at 800mhz.

I'm trying to avoid anything with a higher resolution than 1080p, as most apps don't support the high resolution fonts, so everything gets blurred out. I'm also looking for >10.8 inches screen size.

I have a Transformer Chi 300 on route by monday, but am willing to return it if anyone else has better suggestions. If you have a tablet you think would suffice, Fantasy Grounds has a free demo that you can load up. The basic test is load the demo campaign, open a map, an NPC, and then roll the dice on the chat, as well as move some windows around. I'm looking for smooth dice rolling and moving the windows, basically.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated.