Best tablets for comics

Created by ccfoo242 on May 6, 2014, 2:34 p.m.
  • I just purchased the Humble Bundle with a bunch of comics. I currently have an old Asus TF101 and an original Kindle Fire. I'd like to upgrade to a new one for comics, books, and games. I'm platform agnostic but prices of ipads seem too high. I'd rather have a smaller tablet (7 or 8 inch) but would these be decent for comics? How's the new Kindle Fire HDX's? Or is there something better?

• I can give a little insight on this. I too was 'trying' to read comics on a first gen Kindle Fire. I found the screen too small and mainly the resolution too poor. Through a crazy promotion on Verizon Wireless I got the 8.3" LG G Pad for $50. Chances are a deal like this isn't coming around for awhile, but I can't talk up this tablet enough. The screen is bigger than an iPad Mini and barely weighs more.

I also wrote up a blog post about my favorite Android Comic Reader

• Thanks, I'll check it out.

• I have a Sony Xperia Tablet Z 10 inch, and it's simply beautiful for reading comics on.

• I've done a lot of reading on the N7 2013 though I read most of my comics via Comixology with it's 'smart view' feature so mileage may vary with other media.

It's too bad HB didn't make a deal with Comixology since it'd be nice to have these in the library with the rests of my purchase. Google Books is OK for novels but comics are sort of lacking...