Quantcast

Android Tablets/Apps with pressure sensitivity for draw/paint

Created by Vertrucio on March 15, 2012, 7:05 p.m.

• So I've read about the efforts to get pressure sensitivity on the ipad from the guys who made the pogo stylus, so far it's a no go. The tech is already there it seems, but the API does not support it and Apple isn't changing its stance any time soon. This tech has something to do with capacitive touch screens already having some way to detect pressure (or at least how much of an area is being pressed upon due to the pressure squashing the soft tip of the finger/stylus).

But, since Android tablets are already based on the same tech and are a bit more open, I'm wondering if anyone has implemented pressure sensitivity for various drawing/painting apps on android tablets? 

I know that the upcoming HTC Flyer tablet  comes with a custom stylus that has its own pressure sensor. 

I'm an artist by trade, and since I already spend most of my day in front of a computer, or with a computer on near me, I don't need an at-home pickup and use tablet. But I would like a portable digital painting tablet with me everywhere I go.