Mythbusters(S01-E16) The radar results for the Jimmy Hoffa myth were faked. Why?

Created by marc clint dion on Aug. 25, 2017, 4:10 p.m.
  • The radar results that were shown onscreen for both the 50 yard line and the 10 yard bump are both identical. It very clearly is the same set of results being replayed for both areas. I don't believe that this is an editing error since the audio for both scenes are different and right before I took the screen-capture for the 10 yard bump, the radar operator was waving a pointer in front of the screen to illustrate a point he was trying to make.

The first image that I've loaded is for the 50 yard line and the second image is for the 10 yard bump. The bottom of the images is difficult to read however, I am certain that they both read: "File FILE16"

Notice the line the starts near the center of the screen and moves down and to the right. There is an identical offshoot that moves to the right and is present for both images. In fact, every little dot and bar that is shown for one of the images is also present in the other image at the exact same place and has the same size and color. This data is faked, so the question is why?

Was the operator's equipment broken but he just didn't want to say anything because he didn't want to lose his television opportunity or did he fake the results to hide something. DUM DUM DUUUMMMMM!

• Probably an editing error. Audio and video are almost never from the same source.