Quantcast

Roku 2 XD Error Codes 009 and 011

Created by Choffy on April 28, 2012, 2:24 a.m.

• I recently purchased a Roku 2 XD for my bedroom, but while trying to connect my device to my network, I encountered two specific errors. At first, my Roku could connect to the network, but not to the internet itself, and I would receive Error Code 009. A bit of research helped me discover that it was a problem with my DNS settings on my router, so I finally edited them to Google DNS. Lo and behold, that worked perfectly, but as soon as it connected to the internet, it would try and download the update, only after failing after 20 seconds sitting at 0%, and I would get Error Code 011. I didn't feel like doing research on this code, so after calling Roku Customer Support twice, I went through many pointless troubleshooting steps, including disabling my Wifi Security, moving the Roku and TV to the office so it was centimeters away, changing my WPA Key and fiddling with the router settings. Eventually I was told by Customer Service that the unit was defective and I needed to return it, but I'm pretty sure it's not defective and I don't want to wait and get a new one, only to find that I'm running into the same errors.

I know I'm not the only person here with a Roku 2, and I hope I'm not the only one who has encountered this problem. If I had bought the XS, I would just hardwire the box my router, but I can't and have no idea what else I could do.

I have the Actiontech Q1000 router (came free with my ISP), in case that matters. Thank in advance for anyone that can help me figure this super frustrating problem out.