Huge keyboard delay After hooking PC up to TV via HDMI

Created by BrianLPZY on Oct. 22, 2016, 1:17 a.m.
  • I had to buy a new TV and got one that didn't have a DVI port. I thought "Hey, no problem. I have a GTX970 that has a perfectly good HDMI port that I literally just bought, let's use that to hook up to the TV"

. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwZNaT2Jniw is the result.

HOWEVER, it's only about 10-20 minutes AFTER bootup. As of right now, It's not lagging. But I'm trying to hurry up and get this out before it starts. It gets so bad that it will be typing sentences 5 minutes after I stop typing. Can ANYONE help here? I've been up all night trying to fix this. Laptops work fine when hooking up to it, and my mouse and game-controllers don't lag. It's ONLY the keyboard and only a short time after bootup. I'm checking for malware but I doubt it was that. I literally went from my perfectly-fine DVI port TV to this TV and ONLY when I used this TV, did it cause issues.

• Try setting your TV in PC/Computer mode, but i doubt it wil resolve the problem.

• Reading your post, I figured it was just crappy input lag on your TV. But your video would indicate probably a software issue. Have you tried other keyboards? What is your CPU usage like in these situations? I've seen keyboard lag like that when a CPU is pegged at 100% usage for some reason (which could happen over time if you have a CPU or memory leak somewhere).

If you're on Windows 10, you could try resetting the OS (though good luck getting it to keep your files, I've never managed to get that to work). Early upgrades to Win10 seem to degrade over time, and I've had problems that literally no one on the entire internet has had, which a reset fixed.

• I would mess with the TVs settings first. Switch the input to game mode and turn off all of the picture modification settings. This issue crops up when with gamers who want to play old games on modern TVs. The video I have attached addresses that problem for gamers, but I think the TV settings section applies to what you are experiencing. Also, make sure the computer is outputting whatever the native resolution of the TV is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWeIca10B1w&list=PLTNBVisVMbSR1ZDDQRgjg6S9D2YQ4rwnZ&index=15

Hope that helps. If not, it might not be the best TV for what you are using it for.

• Is it USB or Wireless keyboard which is connected?

Please turn off your system, unplug all devices and cable from you system and keep holding power button for 30 seconds (without power cable).

Connected only Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor and Power then restart system.

If its USB Keyboard then connect it on USB 2.0.

Please try and let me know if that works.

Thank you,

Greg