Need a Beast Laptop Suggestion

Created by MadV on Sept. 9, 2016, 8:47 p.m.
  • Hi all,

I am a computer science student looking to upgrade my current laptop to something far superior.

My daily computer usage usually includes running heavy program such as Visual Studio (usually multiple applications to compare and contrast source code), as well as other programs with compilers. On top of this, I need to do constant research on the web and heavy document downloads for school programming projects. I also enjoy to stream music whilst doing these things.

As of right now I am running a Dell Inspiron with a AMD A8 Quad Core processor, 8 gb RAM, and 500 gb HDD. It can barely handle what I need to get done, especially the RAM.

I've always been a PC user, but I am considering moving to Mac. I need something that's well rounded for speed and memory. I'm not looking for other things such as a touch screen, removable keyboard etc.

I would like something with an i7 processor, at least 16gb of ram and decent storage capacity (specifically SSD)

At this point I am torn with a HP Omen and a Macbook Pro. (If Macbook, will be moving from VS to xCode)

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

• Out of the two you suggest the HP omen is a hell of a lot cheaper, and would mean you wouldn't need to get used to another IDE, not as pretty to look at but hey you save £800 dollars or your regional equivalent.