Quantcast

Chrome

Created by thatlad on Nov. 14, 2012, 8:25 p.m.
  • Damn I love it!

When I'm forced to use IE6 on my work laptop I'm reminded how awesome it is

My favourite feature, synced tabs across all devices

• Chrome is the best spyware you'll ever install!

• @thatlad said:

Damn I love it!

When I'm forced to use IE6 on my work laptop I'm reminded how awesome it is

My favourite feature, synced tabs across all devices

Your company still runs IE6? Even on a managed network behind a firewall there are some pretty significant problems with running IE6 these days (I manage a 500 PC network).

You must struggle to get a lot of sites working these days!

• IE6! Man, I can't do squat with IE6. Keep your AV up to date if you have to run that browser....

• @AtomicEdge: yes, pretty much every site is useless and i hate xp after using win7. And this is a big financial institution, should know better. Problem for these companies is they're that big that a IT change of any kind is s massive investment. It's a constant drain on resources over a long period with no quantifiable payoff at the end of it. No CEO will make that commitment as they're only looking at the quarter earnings and will probably have moved on by the time the change is complete.

• @thatlad said:

@AtomicEdge: yes, pretty much every site is useless and i hate xp after using win7. And this is a big financial institution, should know better. Problem for these companies is they're that big that a IT change of any kind is s massive investment. It's a constant drain on resources over a long period with no quantifiable payoff at the end of it. No CEO will make that commitment as they're only looking at the quarter earnings and will probably have moved on by the time the change is complete.

I have a friend who works in a place like that, and gets told the same stuff. I don't really think its true though... I upgraded my 500 system network from XP to 7 with no extra costs due to my Volume licensing agreement with MS. Took 2 of my techs 2 weeks to roll out the whole network. Anyway, you're correct, Chrome is nice.

• @AtomicEdge: I think it's also to do with costs of amending any other in house programs compatibility. Moving to different OS could cause those systems to fail and grind the business to a halt. Pathetic