Any Paint Shop Pro users here?

Created by Waytofind on March 15, 2012, 6:44 p.m.
  • I suppose that most of you who have to edit photos and image edit in general use Photoshop  but I was wonderer if other then me there are other people here using Paint Shop Pro. 

For those who do not know PSP is a image editing tool that has been around for 20 years already. It's was originally made by JASC and that was bought by Corel about 6 years ago. I've been using PSP for quite some time already thinking of it. I've never felt the need to migrate to Photoshop since I have no problem pulling off whatever people do on Photoshop with PSP plus PSP is actually reasonably priced. The only reason i can think of why PSP is not as used as photoshop is because schools teach their students Photoshop and piracy negates its absurd price.  
  • @Waytofind: 
    I have it on one of my older computers and still mess around with it from time to time.
  • Have not used it in a long time now.
  • Ha just checked up on it on wikipedia and apparently there was a new version released end January this year:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paint_Shop_Pro
    I'll have to give that a look, I'm using X2 at the moment. Who knows perhaps with X3 the Photoshop thread will shine a bit more ^^.

edit: there is a trial, my that interface suits my minimalistic needs so well...
  • @Waytofind: I've been using a free program called Gimp for the longest time. It's kinda crappy though. It has all the features but none of the convenience. Anyways my friend just got me photoshop so now I have been fumbling around the interface trying to find where everything's at. I'm starting to get accustomed to it now though, and man it's so much nicer.
  • @Rallier: 

Now that you've revealed yourself I hope you know that I'm expecting flowcharts as well as photo edits.
  • Yes, I'm still one of the people who use PSP for photo editing. I have version 8 and am pretty stubborn about changing it. I mean, it cost me a good chunk of change at the time of purchase and I'm so familiar with it that it's hard to really want to change programs. Besides, I hardly edit photos or make graphics anymore that the need for a real update has become minimal.

• I used to use Paint Shop Pro 7, but I've moved on to Paint.NET. It does everything I need it to, it's in active development, and best of all, it's free.