"Official" Giant Bomb discussion thread (When the site is down)

Created by Red12b on March 15, 2012, 6:35 p.m.
  • Are you sure this isn't a little insulting to Will and Norm? I mean, creating a thread for another website on their website and all.....
  • You could say that I like GiantBomb...maybe more than the average user...
  • I think Giant Bomb might be down again.  I got a 503 Bad Gateway a moment ago and now the site won't load.  Gonna be a few hours before the guys on the West Coast are going to be up and in the office to fix things.  

EDIT:  It's back again.  Didn't take more than a half-hour this time. :)
  • @natetodamax said:
    " Are you sure this isn't a little insulting to Will and Norm? I mean, creating a thread for another website on their website and all..... "
    No, I don't think so, if it does that is not the intention,  
    Whiskey media sites share the love, users do too, so yeah there you go. 
  • @Red12b said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " Are you sure this isn't a little insulting to Will and Norm? I mean, creating a thread for another website on their website and all..... "
    No, I don't think so, if it does that is not the intention,  Whiskey media sites share the love, users do too, so yeah there you go.  "
    Agreed, Whiskey is not built on corporation, its built on cooperation
  • @fwylo: they is probably adding quests or fixing search, or adding a fuse at the bottum that everytime you gain points it gets shorter until it reaches the bomb, which is when you level up and the bomb explodes.

maybe all three
  • Hopefully they're adding Quests.
  • @fwylo: here is kinda boring (at teh moment) our off topic threads are not to fun, and there is only tech discussion, it is not an off topic party like at gb
  • @Organicalistic_:  Of course there's going to be tech discussion, it's a site about technology.
  • @mracoon_ said:
    " @Organicalistic_:  Of course there's going to be tech discussion, it's a site about technology. "
    You just blew my mind.
  • It's back.
  • @Organicalistic_:  
    GB is not meant to be an off topic party,  

Goddamnit. you ain't gonna learn are you.
  • Yeah, what a bummer

Went down just as tried to watch the new ER.
  • awe and I was just about to get on after finishing a paper... my reward for my work has been delayed =(
  • Site is down. Server problems apparently.

• Ah. So it's not just me.  Good thing I'm occupied watching my Adobe CS4 uninstallation finish so I can install my CS5 that my school just put out for download.
  • so what do you think they are doing?
  • What is it with GB and their almost weekly down times? None of the other Whiskey sites have this problem.

Looks like a code error. Dave's team should learn what the phrase "unit testing" means.
  • back
  • @JakJ:
    @fish_face_mcgee: it is back, help me find out what has changed?
  • I am from GB and I say this is bullshit.
  • GB is going down right away for a new search bar.  Soooo I'll just bump this now
  • I think the site is down, do you agree?
  • It appears to be back
  • I must say I like that Search Bar .
  • Awww...man just got done with the new xbox 360 unboxing and the site goes down....... 
  • It looks like E3 killed Giant Bomb for the night.

• just got back from ENGN3211 (accounting) exam to see Giant Bomb is down again 
    it's like the internet is forcing me to study for my next exam
  • This is what happens when top men are topped.

• I bet Dave loves waking up to the Twitter flood - as if he didn't know the site was down already.