Quantcast

"Official" Giant Bomb discussion thread (When the site is down)

Created by Red12b on March 15, 2012, 6:35 p.m.
  • So, Error 500 sucks, but do not fear, as we have Tested to be our go to place for GB chat and the ridiculous shenanigans that we get up to on the GB forums,  

So, to get the ball rolling, have you completed the Community quest set yet? are you worried that you will not be able to do the super sup check, and 27 days of supping will be lost? 
    Why am I so beautiful?   
    Giant Bombers, Duders, and Testers, what say you? 
  • Duders and Testuhrs. 

Yeah I did. Went nuts in the process though for the basic building blocks. The Halo one felt like a soothing bath compared. :D
    Also felt good to add some "legendary" colored quests next to my turbo-toaster one.
  • the only quests I have left are the site-based ones where it's like 'edit X number of pages' or 'be the first poster'.  I hate the first poster quest, I'll NEVER get that thing.  I have all the scavenger quests, and yes I finished the community quest as well.
  • Duder I'm not getting my deadly premonition going.

The super-sup check feels like spamming on purpose to me so I'm not that into it.
  • @Red12b: sup duder, u'know exactly what is going down?? Are they bringing up screened today and they need Giantbombs help???
  • I say hi

Waiting for Just Cause 2 to arrive in the mail.

• i managed to get the community quest after a few hours of feeling like an idiot. Luckily with the time zone difference I ended up in the first thousand. 
    My super sup check will be ruined, i started late so i am at 17 and i've had some close calls before. Damn my cavalier attitude. 
    At least this has given me the excuse to go to comic vine and anime vice to do their quests. 
  • Oh, and there was me thinking my hotel had dodgy internet.  
  • If this destroys my Super Sup Check I'm going to be very disappointed. I was on 16. :(

Oh well, I suppose I should get some work done, seeing as I'm at work.
  • I managed to get the community quest. The limited edition Halo Reach one was kind of ridiculous. Not the advertisement aspect but how easy the quests were. Watch a few videos and look at a concept page. And that concept was a little misleading (unless you saw their Beta contest news post). 
  • @Organicalistic_:  
    Server had a hiccup or something and the site is down, s'all I know,  
    It'll be back when Snide and the "Top Men" realise what's goin' down,
  • @Linkyshinks:  
    You should be on bloody holiday, what is Paris like? 
    Or should I say, how are the French treating you? 

• it's 12:40am here in Aus should sleep but...super sup check...will be ruined...
  • Nice to find you guys here :P

For what it's worth, I noticed snide was logged in at an ungodly hour (for him). 2 in the morning or so local time, about an hour or two before the site went down.

What if his WoW playing really did bring it down like he joked it could a couple weeks ago?
  • @Mars_Cleric said:
    " it's 12:40am here in Aus should sleep but...super sup check...will be ruined... "
    Grow a pair mate, I'm in New Zealand, 2:43 AM 
    To you Yanks, I'm from the future!.!.!.!.!.!   

Dude, you gotta check this out, 88 Miles per hour and you see some serious shit. 
  • @JakJ: 
    Ha ha ha, more proof that WoW is the ultimate drain on our society I suppose.
  • @Red12b: 
     Damn you and your future! The day hasn't even started yet here and you're already in tomorrow? Be honest - today's gonna suck isn't it?
  • @JakJ said:

" Nice to find you guys here :P

For what it's worth, I noticed snipe was logged in at an ungodly hour (for him). 2 in the morning or so local time, about an hour or two before the site went down.

What if his WoW playing really did bring it down like he joked it could a couple weeks ago? "

He doesn't have a problem ok? He can stop whenever he wants.

Also Scotland checking in, it's 3:47 in the afternoon.
  • Luckily, I updated my status minutes before the site went down.
  • this is bananas
  • @Ninja: 
    Are you sure about that? I can picture Dave paralyzed between two side-by-side screens right now: GB's code debugger and a raid. Just sitting there, wide-eyed and frozen in panic.

Also, east coast US here - 10:50am
  • @Ninja said:
    " @JakJ said:

For what it's worth, I noticed snipe was logged in at an ungodly hour (for him). 2 in the morning or so local time, about an hour or two before the site went down.

What if his WoW playing really did bring it down like he joked it could a couple weeks ago? "

He doesn't have a problem ok? He can stop whenever he wants. "
    *Sniff* Yeah man, their ain't no addiction goin' on here man, *sniff* I'm totally fine, why you lookin' at me funny, *sniff* what, you have a problem, yeah well you're about to have a problem *sniff*
  • @Red12b said:
    " @Ninja said:
    " @JakJ said:

*Sniff* Yeah man, their ain't no addiction goin' on here man, *sniff* I'm totally fine, why you lookin' at me funny, *sniff* what, you have a problem, yeah well you're about to have a problem *sniff* "
    *hush* I can hook you up with some serious shit! *hush*
  • @Legend said:
    " Luckily, I updated my status minutes before the site went down. "
    I'm sure it won't be down all day, so I should still be able to get my update in.

Or else...
  • @luce said:
    " this shit is bananas "
    B.A.N.A.N.A.S!  
    fixed...
  • At least the downtime gets me some extra time to, you know, actually prepare for my final exams and graduate next Saturday.
  • @Red12b said:
    " @luce said:
    " this shit is bananas "
    B.A.N.A.N.A.S!  fixed... "
    when Giant Bomb goes back up, I am going to ban you for this.
  • @Red12b:
    i guess you win then...well done 
    it's nice to live in the future but i get there at 142 kilometers per hour
  • Damn you Giantbomb. Now i have to converse with people!

• @Rallier said:
    " @Red12b said:
    " @Ninja said:
    " @JakJ said:

*Sniff* Yeah man, their ain't no addiction goin' on here man, *sniff* I'm totally fine, why you lookin' at me funny, *sniff* what, you have a problem, yeah well you're about to have a problem *sniff* "
    *hush* I can hook you up with some serious shit! *hush* "
    Is it 88 MPH? 

@CitizenKane:  
    Sup brotha' from anotha' motha',  

You must be bored now eh? no threads to show your magnificent face in? 

And by that I mean Dragon Ball evo Goku... Yep, that is surely what I meant with that statement.