Traveling for Tested The Show from UK

Created by chrisabird on Sept. 3, 2015, 3:43 a.m.
  • I'm going to be traveling from the UK to SF to co-inside with the The Show. Problem is i know very little about the City, i've seen a few people post about things to do but I'm looking for the insider opinions on areas to stay, any notable hotels, or places to avoid.

Thank in advance for any advice people can offer!

• I've only been there a couple of times and never for long so I personally can't help much. But, one of the premium letters is all about what to do in SF written by Norm.

• Hey a fellow brit who is going to travel out to SF! Advice would totally be appreciated here too. DAMN that Wednesday "hint" sucks as i am having to flying back home Tuesday night (work stinks that way) :( so curious as to what it means!

• I Live in Toronto but have been to SF a couple of times, wonderful city and as usual, took the big bus tour to get an idea of the lay of the land - a must do. Book your ticket now, if you can for the San Quentin tour as they are extremely hard to get, very popular. Take a street car ride, go to the new museum; we didn't have time but would love to have gone as I had seen a very interesting documentary on the design and construction of it. Walk the streets because the architecture is fabulous and look beyond the windows as many of the structures have been re-inforced to the latest earthquake standards. Get down to the bridge and walk through the Barracks where many movies have been made and get over to Sausalito, wonderful little place. That is a start.