"The Martian" Spacesuit Project

Created by omega9380 on Jan. 15, 2018, 7:02 p.m.
  • What the heck ever happened with this? The Part 2 vid was posted for Premium members (which I bought mainly to follow this project) and then.... Nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Was this ever finished? If I recall the vids it was being partly sponsored by the movie studio. Did the funding fall thru? Adam was so excited to get his hands on this costume. Any updates?????!?!?

• "Great minds..." I just asked this last week. Kim_a replied:

" kim_a

• The forums never cease to disappoint... Here's (hopefully) the quote the forum monster ate:

They showed work being done on the boots for the suit in one of the videos from Frank's shop, but given that he has to sneak the Martian work into his busy shop schedule probably accounts for why it is so delayed.

• And now that Frank's no longer a part of the site... Was that it, then?

• I sure hope not. A few months ago Adam said it was still in progress during a Reddit AMA. That was before Frank got too busy to keep up his involvement, so they might need to find another shop to collaborate with.

Also, isn't this a collaboration with the studio, given that they got to borrow an original suit, so there might be terms to sharing progress shots until the final video content is done?