Skill Building Library

Created by Deanpalmerjr on Nov. 20, 2017, 9:10 p.m.
  • Hello everyone!

This is my first time posting, I have been a Premium member for a few years now.

It would be great to have a central Library of skill building videos for makers to go to when trying something new. I LOVE watching Adam's One Day Builds because he talks through some of this techniques.

Tested should have a section where you could type in "Sanding" and come up with videos about different techniques and suggested products. ie. When to use wet sanding vs. dry sanding, When you should use a sanding block vs just a sheet of flexible sand paper, etc.

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this suggestion....

• I agree, there should be a video series along these lines. Adam has so much knowledge and he shares allot during the One Day Builds but it would be great to have a dedicated video series about making techniques / skills where he can go more in depth.
    All the other video series on tested are all about soulless, and expensive 3d-printing and laser-cutting. Where is the simple, old-school making that we all love and want to see?
    I'm pretty sure the majority of Tested viewers who love making stuff don't have expensive cnc/3d-printing machines, they want to make things with their hands.

In the end it's hard to know what direction Tested really wants to go, maybe they don't want to cater to makers in that way, i don't know so it's hard to provide feedback.

• Hi everyone, It's my first time posting too. Dean I think this is a great idea. I wonder if there aren't already a number of videos out there on YouTube that could be listed in the Library, perhaps with some sort of consensus around which ones would be a good fit.