Disc sander trouble (Holzmann TSM 250)

Created by Lumor on Nov. 20, 2017, 6:28 a.m.
  • Hey Tested, i want to share/ask something about my disc sander.

I bought my first disc sander (Holzmann TSM 250) a month ago and it's awesome to have this tool in my small bedroom shop, however...
    In the last few days the disc started getting loose and wobbly, i was horrified for a day thinking that i had ruined it by pressing my work maybe too hard into it.

Turns out the disc is attached with an alan bolt in the middle of the disc (under the sand paper) and when i fastened it everything was right in the world :)

Which brings me to my question :
    Is this bad design or have i maybe abused it too much to the point that it came loose? Is this something that happens to other disc sanders too?

This disc sander is a fairly cheap one (costs me like 120 euro new). It's a very sturdy machine and it has allot of power, so from a sanding point of view it's perfect, however i'm not too thrilled that this little alan bolt comes loose over time.

Please let me know what you think of this and how it compares to your disc sander(s).

• Here's a photo :

Edit: Can't upload photo for some reason, getting an error. Photo is comming! :)

Edit: Can't insert a link either.... here you go : https://ibb.co/kT2usm