Officer K's Blaster Resin Kit Build

Created by Cog on Oct. 13, 2017, 11:19 p.m.
  • Hi! I am a total noob when it comes to finishing resin kits, but I have an extensive art background and love working on things meticulously. That being said I have been interested in getting into making/finishing resin casts, and being a huge Blade Runner fan I decided to pick up this resin kit of Officer K's (Joe's) blaster on Etsy and finish it.

https://imgur.com/a/caGam

Adam mentioned in the spoiler-cast that he also picked up this same kit on Etsy, and seeing as he had the opportunity to handle the screen used blaster, I really hope that he posts a video of his own build. I don't expect to receive the kit for a month or so, but in the mean time I am collecting tools, materials and information necessary to complete this build, and plan to do a lot of testing before applying paints and whatnot to the kit. When I receive it I will post pictures here, and post my progress for anyone interested to see.

I am not sure how many of these kits will be produced, but if anyone else picks one up, feel free to let me know and maybe we can help each other out. The build appears to be pretty simple, and from examining some screenshots from Adam's video with the blaster, I can see some details that will need to be added to the kit. Most notably, there are around 8 small bolt heads/rivet-like protrusions as well as a small hook-like shape under the "hammer" mechanism that are not present on the resin cast (at least in the pictures).

https://imgur.com/a/b0fnc

I am excited to build this kit and learn a lot in the process. I would really love to have a working LED in this model, but it's pretty much one big piece, so I don't know how easy it would be to drill out a cavity for the electronics. It's probably impossible unless you bought two kits and Frankenstein them together/ cast new parts from the dissection, I am OK with just inserting a non-working led into the trigger guard if need be.

Anyway, my name is Ben and check back for updates in the coming months as I begin working on this build! Feel free to share any insights, they will be much appreciated!

• I am having trouble getting my images to appear in my post, any ideas?