KIDfest 2017

Created by Lava on Sept. 13, 2017, 6:47 a.m.

• Hello! I recently started working at this awesome place known as KID Museum. It's a big maker space specifically for kids. They offer after school programs, open build times in their different spaces (textiles, 3D printing, electronics, and a wood shop) along with so much more. They just added a ukulele building class to their fall after school programs and I am honestly a little jealous of all the cool things these kids get to do.

On September 24th they are putting on their version of a maker fair, called KIDfest. It's in downtown Silver Spring, Maryland and will feature a ton of exhibitors (from young makers to NASA) and I thought this community should know about it. I've been following Tested since the Whiskey Media days and thought with the direction the site has gone over the past few years with Adam would make this the perfect audience for it.

www.kidfest.org

It's a huge family event with something for everyone. Anyways, that's it! If you're in the DC area and want to check it out I highly encourage you to do so! I've been thrown into helping out with it this past week and it honestly seems amazing.