Quantcast

2013 Mystery Build

Created by 3C on Feb. 7, 2013, 2:38 p.m.
  • So I just started my big project for 2013, with a deadline set at August for the Dublin Comic Con (with work being busy that might change to Halloween or whathaveyou). Be cause it's a big one, with a lot of various bits and pieces, I wanted to see how long it would take for people to guess what it is I'm making, or to see what piece makes people go "Oh THAT'S what it is!"

I'm currently sculpting the first piece out of plastiline, of which I'll need to mold 2, well, 3 technically, but the 3rd one is about 10cm larger so I'll need to sculpt it twice. This current piece is at 20cm.

I think I'll be molding it out of Smooth Cast, I was considering Fiberglass (might use that for some larger bits) but I want to keep the weight down because a lot of this will be worn for the whole day at the Con. I am also debating expirementing with Smooth Ons FlexFoam-iT to make it lightweight (most hollywood armours and probs are made of foam) and if any of the pointy bits hit someone, I won't get given out to!

So any guesses? I'll update here as I go if people are interested. There's also my site (which is suffering from neglect but I shall be changing that) www.3cCreations.com and I have a facebook, twitter and google+ set up for 3cCreations too if you'd prefer to follow me there.

• Some kind of Roomba-Dragon.

• @Conmused lol, Roomba Dragon Armour.... now there's an idea!

• This should be a fun thread to watch, I'm sure I'll have no idea what it is though.

• I don't know what it is but I'm calling it as a symbol for some kind of epaulette, with the larger one for a chest piece.

• @lane: Nope, sorry, well... I guess you're kinda close when it comes to the area of the body with the epaulette... The second size isn't large enough to cover the chest though!

• Update time, finished sculpting the first piece. though it'll need a fair bit of a tidy up before I can mold it, I shall hopefully be on to piece number 2 soon! I really liked sculpting this piece, it's really organic...

• @3C:

Slave Leia bra?

• Or a horseshoe crab.

• @lane lol, nope sorry, this is significantly bigger than those two! Both good guesses though =)

• Horseshoe crabs are big, yo.

• Oh I know! I meant the build in general is huge, sorry =)

But man, they're still bigger than I thought they were!

• I would like to know more.

• I did not expect to end up this confused entering this thread...