Show Us What You've Made!

Created by will on Dec. 18, 2012, 9:49 a.m.
  • I am so impressed by all of things everyone has made! Although I mainly draw, I had a strong desire a couple of years ago to create an object, something that would take a long time to do--a monument to hours of my time! So, I would like to share the results of that with everyone. I hope to branch out into creating other types of objects, as well as more drawings, in the future.

• I have made several of these Stargates, it's 40" (1 meter) diameter, and can be lit with leds if you wanted :)

Made in 9 segments with all the symbols made separate, and glued on, the shevrons cast in tinted epoxy, and everything painted by hand.

• I made a flashlightsaber: [Can't seem to post images for some reason.]

It's a 3D-printed lightsaber model with a built-in flashlight.

More details in my blog: http://blog.ampli.fi/obi-wan-kenobis-flashlightsaber/

• I have made myself a custom display cabinet to put in my growing collection of 1/6 scale fingers.

The cabinet was made of clear acrylic, mirrored acrylic, ply wood, and hard wood.

The main build is complete but I do still want to put in some lights to really finish it off.

• I've made some wood sculpture props and have a bunch of projects in progress. Most of them are figures.

• This is my favorite Steampunk gun that I've made.

• I just have to connect old Hen here to his Plaque and he's a fishing trophy of a different kind.

• I had quite a bit of scrap wood in bags so I tried making a dinosaur skull , this one's a 1/3 adult size Parasaurolophus. There's still a lot to do on it yet.

• Some paint details yet to do. I didn't do this on a lathe it's all vertical contour cut. I wanted to make it but lathes are too expensive for me.

• I had a dream that I made a violin that had strange carved patterns so I did my research on violins when I woke up and several weeks later I had a violin. It works too.

• @Absrnd: Dude, that Star Gate is epic! Love the details. Nicely done :-)

• Hydra, that Mr. Limpet fish is beautiful! Please tell me you're not going to really mount him like a trophy (yes! do it!) because that would just be sick (so sick dawg!).