Show Us What You've Made!

Created by will on Dec. 18, 2012, 9:49 a.m.
  • @PilotXIan: Awesome Clem hat! I also played it with my lady friend, sadly she wouldn't be as excited about such an amazing prop.

• @BackyardWorkshop Awesome website! I can't wait to look around it more and see all your projects. You're an incredible craftsman

• About a year ago I was itching to learn some new skills and get back in the shop. Hundreds of hours of excessively nerdy research, countless trips to the hardware store, a good dose of failure, and I made one of my favorite props from one of my favorite movies! The full build is here.

• I made a new Baroness custom today using the kit that I sell in my store. I had to make a new one because Baroness v1 took a dive off the shelf she was living on and broke. I was crushed for a moment then I pulled my shit together and made what you see above out of the head and arms I salvaged off v1 and the body and legs of the kit. I am needless to say, pretty happy about how this turned out.

If you're interested in the kit you can head over to my store and pick one up! The kit itself comes with a different head and arms but its still pretty snazzy [link] and you can always switch out parts cuz its a kit.
  • @Barta: Very cool stuff sir. I haven't made furniture in ages but its always a great project when its something that you can use in everyday life and these all look really clean and functional.

• @damienwebb: Very cool. Diggin that a lot.

• Hey guys I've been around in Giantbomb and Tested since the beginning, back when Whiskey Media. Thou I'm not a frequent poster here I would like to show you guys a video game me and a couple of friends did.

My roll was artist and that covers from concept to 3d modelling and animation as well as some lightning.

Such game is National Mech League it is a student project and we can't profit for it because of VFS policies, I don't think its good enough to make any money anyway haha

I'm currently working with doing 3d for architectural projects, because really nowadays getting a job making videogames is no easy endeavour, plus the financial/personal reward you get from it seems like a no deal.

Really people that stuck with making videogames are kinda masochistic heroes, don't be to harsh with devs ;)

• Nothing major, just a simple shuriken made out of electrical tape and razor blades! Very effective, and very dangerous! Try it at home! But be careful!

See it in action! Made at work!

• Just finished making a walking Theo Jansen strandbeest out of maple and walnut, here's a video of the build (I'm entering it in a woodworking contest):

Next step is to make it wind powered, I'll post another video once I get that figured out.

I'm going to start a thread in the makers forum, sorry, new to this site....

• @bigben said:

Just finished making a walking Theo Jansen strandbeest out of maple and walnut, here's a video of the build (I'm entering it in a woodworking contest):

Next step is to make it wind powered, I'll post another video once I get that figured out.

I'm going to start a thread in the makers forum, sorry, new to this site....

Amazing craftsmen ship! I came here to post a beerpong table I made in college but now I don't feel worthy to do so. I can't follow your built. That was spectacular!

• @Valor: Congrats on being featured on WIRED.com! :)

http://www.wired.com/design/2013/05/rpf-movie-props/#slideid-148891

• @kim_a: Thanks! Totally cool Friday surprise!!!!

• Wow there are a lot of people on this forum that have insane amounts of talent.

• Made some paint racks for my workbench. They are 1/8" (3mm) MDF, laser cut.

For full size images see my flickr page HERE

• This was pre-weathering. The client had it before I could take photos of the finished build which had lights in too.

Hey :o)

Landstalker Props here. I just wanted to share my first 3 builds with you - A Portal Gun (Based on Volpin's build) and the Plasma Cutter and Helm from Dead Space 2. I'm taking commissions at the moment so I will have more to share soon.

• Made from a bogey my grandad cast that wasnt up to scratch, hubbys beer cans and old lamp bits, pressie for a friend of a friend.

• Hi all,

Alex and Leon here from Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. Just new to the forum and wanted to share with you some of the Props we made for Leon's 21st. We worked on this for about 9 months and after hearing Adams talk at Maker fair about why we build things, we totally understand where he was coming from as we both feel the same way!

We would like to share with you guys just some of the props we made for the party (which was a great success)

If you want to see more you can visit our website: http://www.harrypotterpartyideas.com

hope you enjoy

Alex and Leon

• @YoThatLimp: I wasn't planning on making any more sets. This was a unique set that I did and it was a very long process.

• I don't know if this counts but I built this car pretty much from a rusted basket case.

I hand fabbed the airdam, camber plates, roll cage, fuel cell box.

I cut and formed the panels to replace the rusted out floor boards.

I have more pictures of the build but they're not on my Kindle.

• @johndeere97: Photos aren't showing.

• I started collecting the 4" Hasbro figures from the Iron Man movies after IM2 was released and I finally found the last figures(a MK1 and MK2) a few months ago. The templates were created by two paper modelers and I re-sized them from 1:12 scale to 1:18 scale and created the custom middle section so it could fit in my corner cabinet. Light bars are illuminated with string lights(also called fairy lights). Each "bay" took around 4 hours to make and it is made entirely of cardstock paper.

The entire project involved a ton of cutting, gluing and taping but it was totally worth it!

• @therealjustin: Holy. That looks fantastic.

• Nice work.
  • @therealjustin: Thats a solid setup for sure. I keep coming back to this and it really makes me wanna build a set for some figures cuz it turned out so damn well. Top shelf work.

• I continue to keep the Justice League Unlimited figure line going by making kits that Mattel either never got to or didn't bother with. My latest piece of work is the much requested Powergirl kit.

She just went up in my store after being on pre-order for the last two weeks so I'm pretty happy about this. All parts cast in smooth white resin and ready to be painted up! I'm really kind of proud of this piece and think it turned out really well and the amount of pre-orders I got on this tell me folks really wanted this as well so its been a win win!

http://geekvarietycustoms.dchallofjustice.com/

• @therealjustin: Can i ask how much the mats cost? (not including the figurines)

• @Sonowake:

Sure,

Light gray cardstock paper - $10 for 250 sheets, office supply store

Inkjet ink - $5 from Amazon, fits my Canon MG5220 but is available for other models as well

LED light strings(also called fairy lights) - $8 for two sets at Big Lots

LED light bar with velcro backing - $12 at Walmart

I think this project is definitely doable for under $40. The figures were $5-$12 each by the way.

• I spent about 2 weeks on a off putting these together. Everthing other than the text is made in illustrator. I have some screenshots of the process posted on my blog here http://icecreamhero.com/blog/2013/6/29/iron-man-posters