I can't take the credit for the original buildings, they're based on these: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:12673
I just modified them a bit to make the "3" buildings bigger than the "2"s, and added the scoring symbols on them.
Finally on the wall.
I posted this elsewhere on the site, but this seems to be the best place for it. I mostly spend my time painting and drawing, but every now and then I need to do something in 3D to relax.
Recently I've been inspired by watching @frankippolito and @norman painting toys. I found these fun Skylanders toys for half the price in the shop so I decided to re-paint them and give them a more Steampunk look.
I think it was Adam who said he was doing Steampunk before it was a thing? Well so did I, I always loved that kind of aesthetic. Plus I am a big fan of the books by the "founding fathers" of current Steampunk, especially Tim Powers. He actually endorses my jeweller line that I came up with some years ago.
I built this Case for my 1989 Batman hot toys figures, background and floor are made from the 1989 original comic release. Pretty simply but I thought it turned out pretty cool.
This was one of my first project, a three axis laser spiro graph using a UV laser and PWM speed controllers. The idea was going to be control if using a Raspberry pi, and i did write a lot of the code. But in the end decided it was not something i really had the time to do (meant learning a lot of web coding). But as you can see from the video it works ok in manual mode. And of course it has a big red switch to turn the laser on and off :)
Just finished this steampunk style alarm clock. It started with an alarm clock kit from CanaKit and some gears from an old broken clock movement. It took some time to get everything functional but after a lot of trial and error it's finally working well! See here for build pictures and videos https://www.flickr.com/photos/135749307@N04/albums/72157678195239693/page1/
I'm currently building a K-2SO droid puppet. Was honored to have Norm interview me at the recent RPF party in North Hollywood. I'll be posting as I finish him over the next two months on the RPF. http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=263259 I love joining communities of makers. This forum list has some incredible pieces.
@Hydra: My wife wants you to know with a smile and a laugh that that's just wrong sir. LOL
Here's my version of a first-order-retrievability toolbox, based on a Draper 48566, with foamcore inserts:
* Oh great, the spam filter keeps me from posting things again. Let's try with smaller versions of the images?*
This story is for anyone who has purchased or plans to purchase a Ring video doorbell. As most on here know a standard doorbell uses a diode. With the Ring they supply you with their diode that you have to use. Their diode alows a small amount of power to slip passed so as to charge the batteries in the video unit. The problem is that many of the ringers on the market (mine included) are so efficent that the ringer can be triggered by even that small amount of power. So when I wired it up the ringer went off on a constant loop all the time even without the doorbell being pushed.
Thankfully Rings customer services was excellent. I did everything they told me to do to no avail. So they ended up sending me a bipass cable and a plug in wireless ringer for free.
That meant that the old ringer was no longer needed. I could have left the old cover up there (my wife's preferred option, but where's the fun in that) but it was a cheap Stark white plastic thing and I'm a woodworker. So I built a new cover. Not my best work but I learned a good bit. I'll post the photos next.
This is the back panel and center section glued together. The front piece screws on to the middle with machine screws in to brass wood insert nuts. I'll never buy them made out of brass again there just junk and all but one broke during install. McMaster has them out of stainless but not in 6-32nd machine thread. Only the brass goes that small.
The back and front panel are MDF cored cherry veneer. I chose the material and my wife chose the stain colors so cringe at her please not me for not showcasing the cherry. I had them laser cut by this company which I love www.ponoko.com for a reasonable price and wait time. I've used them for so many projects.
The metal sheeting I bought from Home Depot and cut with tin snips. I had the pattern centered on the slits and then I tightened down the quick grips to glue it in place and it shifted without me knowing it till it was too late.
@Capsaxian: Very nice blaster. Is that your own design or is that from something?
Here's a project I've been working on for ages, and which I finally got to a stage I'm willing to call "finished": 3D-printed monsters for the board game King of Tokyo.
@xxz09: I don't see a way to "up vote" or "like" this project, so I'm just going to post a reply.
I love this project! Your use of the brass gears and other bits was brilliant. The brass trim pieces and tacks really added a nice finish. In addition to enjoying the project for what it is, I have been struggling with what to do with a box of old brass parts from "strip chart recorders". Your project has given me some ideas! Thank you for sharing this project.
@engineerbob: Thanks for the compliment! That project took me quite a while but I was very happy with the result. Glad I could offer some inspiration!
OMG! this is my favorite thread in all of the forums until now. Different types of people from different professions and background, showing their work like trophies. All of you have done a great work.