Composite video to Component converter?

Created by Driadon on Nov. 18, 2012, 5:19 p.m.
  • Well, my old TV broke, so my roomate went hunting for a new TV. Ended up with a half-decent 42 inch Sharp that, picture wise, is fantastic for the low price we paid ($300), but lacks one very important thing: it does not have a composite video in, and I'd need one plus two more component ins to get the last bit of my set up working. Does anyone know of a good switch or just a plain-jane converter that would take a composite in and change it to a component signal?

  • You might want to look at an audio video receiver... You can put all your incoming signals into it and have it to all the "switching" and so on.

    I'm sure you can find a decent one around $200? Total guess though. It will however definitely do the job ( assuming it has the inputs you need ). Since you're looking for Component and not HDMI you might even be able to find a nice used one on craigslist or something.

  • That's unfortunate, I was hoping for something a little simpler, and cheaper.