Brain Candy Live 2018 cancelled?

Created by tipo158 on Dec. 15, 2017, 5:50 p.m.
  • I have a ticket for the Brain Candy Live 2018 show in Portland, OR next April. I received the following from the venue:

Due to unforeseen scheduling conflicts, BRAIN CANDY LIVE! will need to cancel the 2018 North American national tour. Fans that have purchased tickets will be fully refunded. Credit/debit card orders will automatically be refunded. Refunds for cash sales and TicketsWest outlet sales are available at the original place of purchase.

I haven't been able to find anything else about this. Does anyone here know what is up? I hope that it is for work conflict reasons and not because something adverse happened to someone or something like that.

alan

• I just saw this for the Cheyenne, WY date:

12/15/2017: UPDATE --Due to unforeseen scheduling conflicts on the part of the production company, BRAIN CANDY LIVE! will need to cancel the 2018 North American national tour.
    Fans that have purchased tickets will be fully refunded. Refunds are available at the point of purchase.
    We apologize for this inconvenience. The Cheyenne Civic Center is dedicated to bringing you quality shows in the upcoming year, and we are equally saddened by the cancellation of this much-anticipated, and high-profile show.

Portland was scheduled for 18 Apr and Cheyenne was scheduled for 21 Apr.

Still no info from BrainCandyLive.com or Adam's Twitter or Facebook presence. And he is normally so chatty ...

• Yeah I think Adam's going to have a lot of 'splaining to do. I have VIP tickets for the April 12, 2018 show in Los Angeles. I'm not happy!

• "Unforseen Scheduling Conflicts" is all I can find anywhere online.

My kiddo and her meemaw are going to be bummed AF.

• Still no word of this on the Brain Candy Live web site or the show's Facebook page. Still nothing on Adam's Facebook page or Twitter feed (though lots of other posts there).

I guess notification is being left to venues. I have seen a lot of <venue name> called to say the <city name> Brain Candy Live show was cancelled.

Anyway the cancellations seem pretty real at this point.

• Ongoing silence is not a good look...

• Hopefully there's a "Still Untitled" episode this week in which all will be explained.

• @JTH213 said:

Hopefully there's a "Still Untitled" episode this week in which all will be explained.

Or maybe not. And they said there will be no "Still Untitled" next week, so ...

• One day, there will be a website with his name on the top where people can post this sort of thing and a member of the team who work with and for him would see such a message and go...

"oh wow, you know what, the very least we can do is answer this question posted by not just members of the community (which would be more than reason enough) but a premium member who has given over some of their hard earned money to support us and are trying to pay more money because they like and appreciate what we do. Ignoring this would simply be rude!"

... one day. But until then, hope you find out what's happening.

• This. The whole lack of communication makes me sad and disillusioned.

@StoneCrow said:

One day, there will be a website with his name on the top where people can post this sort of thing and a member of the team who work with and for him would see such a message and go...

"oh wow, you know what, the very least we can do is answer this question posted by not just members of the community (which would be more than reason enough) but a premium member who has given over some of their hard earned money to support us and are trying to pay more money because they like and appreciate what we do. Ignoring this would simply be rude!"

... one day. But until then, hope you find out what's happening.

• Saw this on Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/vsauce/comments/7k1313/brain_candy_live_2018_tour_is_cancelled/

[–]wawnton3 points
    I have friends that work at one of the locations they were supposed to be touring at. It sound like it wasnt a scheduling convflict at all but that it was an issue between Michael and Adam. Also it sounds like Michael was refusing to promote the show like he was supposed to and that caused a lot of problems.

This is what happens when you remain silent...speculation, conjecture and rumors. I, too, am disturbed by the lack of any communication coming from either Adam's or Michael's camp. Typically when an artist cancels a tour there is a statement and apology directly from the artist. I never bought the "unforeseen scheduling conflicts" BS. I think they've handled this very poorly.

• I have to say that at this point I am fascinated by the complete lack of any mention of what's up by Adam.

At least I have a decorative paper ticket to hang up on my wall!

• I wouldn't be shocked if they wait until after the final dates in Australia to mention what ended the tour, if they ever do. It may well stay in the realm of "yeah, it just was time to move on".